Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I get a decent glass water bong at a local smoke shop?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by scarface720, Apr 28, 2013.

1. I heard hand made glass pipes/bongs are the best quality. Are they hand made at a smoke shop? I just want a regular glass water bong, as long as it serves its purpose. I don't care about the extra perks

2. I don't know, can you? :p

It depends on where you live and how much money you plan to spend. :smoking:

3. Maybe $40-$60. Is that enough money?

4. probably, go see the smoke shop and look at bongs / prices

5. Are bongs smoked the same way as a glass pipe? Like do they a have a carb hole too?

6. It won't exactly be high quality for that price, but you could probably find something if you're in a weed friendly area with decent head shops.

Some do, some don't. If they don't have a carb, you clear it by pulling out the bowl piece. Most people prefer bongs without carbs.

7. #7 oFriskyGnome, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
    Mines 18 inches tall 1/4in thick and full of blue swirls... It's a typical $40 bong here in lower Washington... I paid $39.99 but they had the same ones that were 12 inches for $29.99

Edit:

Here's a picture... Screw descriptions...

Attached Files:

8. i'll tell you the same thing i tell all my friends that say that too me. Shop online and you will find the cheapest for best quality.grasscity .com,etsy for pipes , bong outlet and other websites like that of amazon.

9. That's pretty sick, especially for the price!

10. Depends on your area and even the specific head shop... in most cases I can get a better piece for cheaper by shopping locally than I can by shopping online. Granted there is much more selection on line. But shipping costs can be a bitch sometimes too. :p

11. i beg to differ with your opinion on pricing and its correlation to the overall cost with shipping.

12. Umm... okay... I'm just telling you my own experience in my area, yours may very well be different. :poke:

13. You should have enough!! :) Have fun shopping.

I got one for $30 at a head shop, it's small but functional. I have some pricier bongs but the smaller one is more convenient; it gets more use than them. I like it a lot.

Oh, don't call it a bong in the store btw...it's a water pipe. (Sorry, if you already knew that. Just trying to help out!!)

14. Be careful about brand names at LHS.

15. Pipedaddy.com has great prices

16. a bong with a Carb isn't a bong, its a bubbler. Bongs have glass bowls you load herb into. hit it and pull that same glass slide/bowl up to clear your hit

17. Bongs can have carbs too, man. :p

18. It just depends on the shop. If you have a few headshops in your area, you're likely to find something good

19. Yeah, most likely. I'm lucky to live in an area where we even sell "glass tobacco pipes" and "glass tobacco bongs" in gas stations. They just ID you and make it known it's only for tobacco use (;

They're all pretty high quality, just expensive in certain head shops.

20. no they can't. then it defeats the purpose. its called a bubbler. a bong with a carb isn't a bong it has to have a slide