can i flower with cfls

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by iTsDaGanga420, Jul 12, 2009.

1. #1 iTsDaGanga420, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    1 more question can i veg. with a hps

2. I'm still on my first grow, but I've seen other people flower with CFLs and I just switched to 12/12 last week and I plan to continue using CFLs until the end. Just make sure you switch to 2700k CFLs for flower... use 6500k CFLs for veg

3. I am. It may not be ideal, but itll work.

4. k 1 more question can u veg with a hps

5. u can veg with an hps but your not gonna get the right spectrum needed for it. its gonna stretch alot and be very skimpy, its mostly red spectrum which means heat and constant heat so unless you have to have a good ventilation setup, any kind of floros will be good for vegging, whether it be the tubes or cfls. im working on my first cfl grow and they are looking wonderful. the whole time had them on 92 watts of daylight blue spectrum but now added an additional 52 watts of soft white red spectrum to mix it up nice so 144 watts right now, in the final flowering i plan on putting them under nearly 200 watts of mixed spectrum of red and blue then flower at 12/12 in 3 gallon pots anyone that has any tips on mine and this mans grow please do assess. :D

6. 400 actual watts of a mixture of red and blue spectrum cfl's FTMFW

Attached Files:

7. Awsome looking Buds! i love the "popcorn' look!

Is that a rack of 48w Bulbs (from bunnings?) im about to add more CFL and If i can get my buds too look anyhting like that i'll be more than happy.

+Rep forsure.