Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I dab this??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChronicKiller7, Dec 25, 2012.

1. So I have a lot of keif built up in my grinder, and I know I can wrap it in cellulose and wet paper and iron to make into hash. Now my question is, can I then dab with this? or no?

2. If you can get it to stick to a dabber, I'd be impressed haha. It will leave ash on your nail and not be worth the effort. Press half into hash and use the rest to sprinkle on top

3. yeah, that.

you could run the kief with BHO to make dabbable material, and I'm not super versed on the matter but I think you can dab iso-hash as well.

You might be better off just smoking the kief or hash.

I've always wanted to dab straight nug though.... just for the fucks.

4. Would there be much of a difference between smoking keif, and the hash that'd I'd make with it?

5. What I always do with keif is take a peice of alluminum foil, and hang it off the table, holding it with something heavy, a can etc... then put a "line" of keif on the foil, use a straw to suck in the smoke and light a lighter under the foil..... it feels like a blunt to the face within seconds.

6. I would also like to know the answer to this.

My guess is no. Hash made with an iron is just condensed, easier to transport. Not more concentrated.

7. This sounds like a borderline hard drug addiction. Why man? Haha that's just stupid, but I guess to each his own.

8. Chasing the dragon much?

9. Man id just smoke the kief. If you have a grinder tho, the screen can get clogged. I made grinder hash using iso and the kief came out waxy and dabbable. If only I had a rig!

10. yea you can dab kif and get a good hit. like posted above, it will leave a lot of ash on the nail, but whatever just scrape it off afterwords. I've even put a little budlet on the nail and got a decent hit.

just dunk it

11. because its pretty much vaporizing kief which is stronger and healthier than smoking it. Its not borderline hard drug addiction because its smoked the same way as unmentionables doesn't mean it is as addictive. Its still weed FFS

12. i've heard some very very negative things about smoking anything off of foil.

not to say i haven't done it, but now i cringe

13. #13 Kaleidoscope3Y3s, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    yeah i have actually heard that, but it hasn't been confirmed. I was more annoyed that he was comparing it to a hard drug addiction

14. He said smoke keif, thats what a friend showed me many years ago. Yes it looks "Shady" but it works quite well, especially if you dont have bud to put it on instead. :)

You can make jokes, or try it one time and see how high it gets you:smoking:

15. Thats what I figured. I just smoked it all hahaha. Wouldn't be worth making into "hash".

16. Actually, once when I was cleaning my grinder, I was left with greenish tan (from some keif) rubbing alcohol. I had no idea what I was doing so I put it in a glass bowl and left it outside hahaha. Did nothing but ruin the bowl hahaha. Can anyone explain to me what I should do if I clean my grinder again soon?

17. I like to make concentrates, edible oil from my dry-sift, and I generally press my hash before use... I usually avoid using loose
    kief as a bowl topper unless I'm in the mood for it and feeling a bit too lazy to press it. :)

Below is a previous post I made on pressing dry-sift, and why it tends to preserve more potency and flavor. I'll include some of the
    photos from the post to keep things colorful :)

----

I'll usually quick-sift up at least a few bowls (not smoking bowls, but the soup sized bowls below [​IMG] ) for my personal use a few times
    a week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clean concentrates made from kief, or flowers, are best for dabbing if you want to limit how often/severely your kit needs cleaning..
    Like others have mentioned, the trichome 'husks', or cuticles, tend to leave behind a lot of charred debris (not to mention any other inert
    plant matter you may have included).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pressing your kief before smoking preserves more potency, by controlling and limiting the temperature of the burn and ember...

Loose kief burns up more hot, and more rapidly. And the hotter the burn, the more more total cannabinoids are destroyed before
    they can reach your lungs (while also tasting less pleasant than it could, due to additional terpene degradation/loss). Pressed
    dry-sift tastes much better!

So it's probably my least favorite way to use it, but if all else fails, and you're feeling too lazy to do much else...

Then you can pile as much kief as you want, on top of just enough herb to prevent it from falling through your screen, or even
    ash as some people do, and smoke the bowl all in one go. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----

Anyhoo, enjoy your kief, however you go about it! :D :wave:

18. [quote name='"chiodos367"']What I always do with keif is take a peice of alluminum foil, and hang it off the table, holding it with something heavy, a can etc... then put a "line" of keif on the foil, use a straw to suck in the smoke and light a lighter under the foil..... it feels like a blunt to the face within seconds.[/quote]

Its weed not oxy lol