can i clip some leaves?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by holdinbanks, Feb 8, 2009.

1. my strawberry haze plant is being LSTd and im doing to coil version wher it wraps around the pot. my question is my plant is on its 7th set of leaves im gettinh leaves with 9 points. I just want to give my plant more light on the shoots toward the bottom, cause the bigger leaf at the end is blocking light and growth and air circulation. So can I clip the bottom starter leaves safely, like the ones with 3 tips, and the one set with 5 tips.

2. You must be cautious when cutting fan leaves. Some people say to never cut them and others say it can be done minimaly, I feel that early in growth, it can be harmless, but when you go into flower, leave them be. A lot of the energy that goes into bud production comes from these leaves.

3. Until the plant starts to bud there's not any point in clipping them. And when they do start budding you'll find that the plant will begin dropping leaves on its own. If this is an issue once flowering ensues, then I would say clip minimally--but only to engender healthy airflow and access to light.