Can I change my schedule?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Loaf87, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Im doing a single DWC plant in a 4x4 cabinet, vegged with T5 and just switched to 12/12 after 2 months of veg. Just put her under a 400w hps air cooled, and she loves it! I was just wondering if anyone knew if I could change my schedule of switching the lights on and off. Right now the light come on at 10pm and go off at 10am. I dont know why I did this because I am often too tired from work to give my plant the loves she deserves every night, so I was wondering how I would change it to like 7pm-7am. Im not sure if im right but I heard you can jut go complete darkness all the way around the clock till you want to turn them on again? Is this true? Will this confuse my lady too much? Ive only been 12/12 for a couple days now.

2. Or you can ease the schedule back an hour a day for three days and you'd be ok. GL!

3. From the reading that i have been doing, it seems that alot of people say that dramatic lighting changes can trigger a plant to hermie, but if its established and flowering already, i would turn the lights off at 9am instead of 10 and then turn them on at 8pm then off at 7am then on at 7. that would have you on your 7-7 schedule by tomorrow night

4. Yes, you can change your light schedule. When you do it in flowering, do so by extending your dark period, do not extend your light period and shortcut your dark. So either go extended dark until your new lights-on time, or you can ease into it but to do so cut the light off early, don't give less than 12 hours dark in a dark cycle. For example, turn lights off at 7am (so they get only 9 hours light one night) and then you're on the schedule you want.

5. Thanks for the help people!