Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I change light cycle now

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Liamc19931, Oct 7, 2018.

1. 3FEC43ED-A86D-443C-9A62-156AE898F937.jpeg 3AEB6AF5-86F7-4CFD-80C1-AB399801237F.jpeg 74A85E5B-D125-4B69-8BB9-FC81EEB5AB3A.jpeg 18E8F32A-0C50-4AE6-8560-1229E6C0549F.jpeg EE5658F3-5261-4CC2-97E1-1673BE014463.jpeg 21277FCF-0931-4D05-ADA7-861200AF796A.jpeg

3FEC43ED-A86D-443C-9A62-156AE898F937.jpeg In my previous thread I explained how I am new to the whole grow your own and on the off change I popped a seed got some good soil and here I am now she started of with 3 shades now turning into 5s and now 7s I am not into the whole feeding going out buying spending money on equipment this is just water only under led lighting ...

What I want to know is can I change my light cycle now to 12/12 to start the flowering procedure the plant has been on 18/6 24/24 since seed and we are where we are now I don’t want a massive plant nor height or width and would like to start the flowering process as soon as possible ...

Can someone tell me the best way to start this off I’ve read up a lot and 36 hours of darkness to trigger the stage and then 12/12 onwards from then ...

Any help is appreciated

2. so you had this babe on 24/0 then 18/6 and you want 12x12

sure throw the switch but keep in mind 24/0 for a plant is strictlya noobie area

just stepping down to 18/6 or even 12x12 will cause stress in the extreme a herm

but you don't know until your try

we assume this is a feminized photoperiodic strain

do consider some extra pottage fort he stretch

go for it

good luck

3. As explained I am a noob so no offence taken my plant has been on 18/6 since seedling only have I recently upped the lighting to 24/0 is because my growth rate slowed up slightly and already over a few days she’s gone back to growing how she was so not so much a noob move to me all the time she’s getting light she vegetating ... but as I’ve been reading up on many forums and helpful sites plants grow atleast double maybe triple in size once set into flower mode .... can you explain why changing my light cycle to induce flowering will stress my plant you say ?? Why is that everywhere I have read it had said it’s risks but advises putting your plant into pure darkness for 36 hours and then 12/12

In your experiance considering I am not using all the equipment and only water I think I’m going okay but being new to growing I don’t want to mess it up .... so far so good I’ve read up a lot and been very precise and careful with her and she seems to be doing just fine

4. You can increase the hours of light with no real issues. Dropping them will often induce flowering.
    24-0 is just another schedule to pick from. I've used it myself for dozens of runs. Cannabis is a C3 plant and does fine with no dark at all in veg.

Extended dark does work to get them into flower faster. Stretch can vary from very little to a lot depending on strain. Sativa stretch like a wild child. Indica not so much.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have put my plant in for 36 hours dark but my misses has disturbed it for like 5 seconds not even that will that effect it ?? I’ve read up that if it’s disturbed even the tiniest bit it will mess the process of inducing it into flowering stage .. I planned to give it 36 hours complete dark but now I’m optimistic because the darks been broken even though it was only for a second I’m still worried