Can I bring plants inside for 12 hours of darkness

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by theisaiahrowe, Apr 16, 2018.

1. I really need help here guys! So I have 2 plants growing right now I started them indoors under 18/6 and I brought them outside about 2 weeks ago to really get more light and they are both 2 feet tall and both have preflowers and I wanna switch them to flower my question is Can I leave them outside during the day and bring them inside for 12 hours of darkness at night so they can flower? IMG_1183.JPG IMG_1183.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yeah but watch for bugs man. Bringing them inside ya may infest your dark chamber.

3. No bugs so far how are the ladies looking so far?

4. Healthy and full man

5. You'd be better off just keeping them outside until they naturally change. It'll be best because we always end up running into situations that leave us running behind ect... Just Google when your cities daylight hours each drop to 13.5 give or take. Some outdoor plants will start flowering when daylight drops to 14-13.5-13-12.5 ect... Plus letting them bulk up a bit more in full sunlight can drastically improve yields. Also as someone else said moving plants around is a good way to bring mites and aphids indoors which isnt fun.

I'd train them some with some light LST and they'll start flowering here before long anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Here’s my day light hours IMG_1185.JPG

7. Another question is Can I go ahead and start using flowering nutrients now I’m growing in coco and using Sensi ph perfect coco nutes

8. Plants can easily flower in 13/11 schedule. 12/12 is just a guideline for indoor growers but plants will flower outdoors in those hours when they are ready... Most strains will atleast

9. #9 generic98547, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Yeah gradually switch over but don't start feeding to much at once they look perfect as they are so keep the same doses for now just taking way 1/4str of veg nutes with 1/4str of bloom nutes ect and keep doing that until you are giving them just the flower nutrients and Cal+Mag.

But moving them inside seems pointless imo they'll start flowering regardless in 13/11 hours and you don't want to track bugs inside so it would be best to just keep them out. The only times id move them in a garage or she'd are if temp's are going to drop to the 30's or a heavy storm was coming. I wouldn't bring outdoor plants inside the home though because of my indoor grow.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. In my city in June the daylight hours start off at 14 hours and towards the end of June they go back to 13 hours is that still ok?