Can I be charged for possession as a passenger?

Discussion in 'General' started by kagaos, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Hi all, I'm going to visit my friends' a few hours away tomorrow and i'm hitching a ride with a buddy. Now, I am super paranoid about being in a car with any illegal substance (why I always have people deliver), let alone smoking it while driving.

My friend says he is going to smoke on the way up and, like I said, I am super paranoid about that. What would happen if we got pulled over and the cop found weed. Would he be able to charge me for it if I am not driving? *Note* I live in MN.

P.S. Already have misdemeanor possession in motor vehicle, and I am not looking for anything else.

2. You can only be charged with possession if you're... possessing something.

Whoever has the weed, will get charged. As long as he doesn't throw his bag in your lap and try to pin it on you, you're straight.

3. That is what I thought. But what if it is in my immediate vicinity like, say, the glove box? Would the drivers claim to possession get me off the hook?

4. As long as it not on you. It the driver responsibly for what in his car.

5. Ya, whoever says it's theirs will get charged. But like I said, if he wanted to be a dick, if it was on your side of the car and he said it was yours, then it's...

It's not even worth worrying about man, you're not gonna get pulled. Stressing about shit like this is bad for your health, get ya mind right.

6. Yeah I know it is, my friends are always telling me to chill out, but I literally have panic attacks just encountering a cop on the road. :eek: My last encounter kinda wrecked me I guess...or I let it wreck me.

Anyways, thanks for the information guys. I will try to play it cool, maybe pop some propranolol to chill on the way up. :D

7. Good luck home boy. Anxiety's a bitch, meditation will help you overcome it.

Think about the worst thing that could possibly happen, then realize even that's not that bad, cause you're still gonna be alive and healthy, which is a hell of a lot more than most people have.