Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I ask my drug dealer for cheaper prices?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 847250, Mar 10, 2015.

1. is it rude for me to ask my drug guy for cheaper prices? I mean i knew him as a friend before i started buying from him.

he charges me $20 for a gram, $40 for 2 grams, and $60 for an eighth. I met another guy who said he only charges $50 for an eighth....

I don't really want to go have to buy from a new guy when i have a solid buyer/seller relationship with my original guy. Should I ask him if he can sell it for $50 or is that out of line?

2. you better be asking for a cheaper price you are over paying

3. Just ask hey man can you do an eight for 50? He can't be to offended by the simple request. Depending on many variables, especially quality and location, he will probably still be making decent money for selling you a eighth for 50, think about it I don't know what area/quality you are involved with.

4. You should be getting a better deal after the initial gram, ie 2 for 30 1/8 for 50 etc

-Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

5. Just tell him what you told us... you found someone who can do an eighth for $50 but you'd rather keep going through him if he can give you the same deal :confused_2: 

6. Be straightforward. "Can I get an eighth for $50?" Don't be a bitch.

7. I'm just worried that he could easily just tell me to stop getting weed from him if I didn't like his prices. I mean I kind of depends on him more than he depends on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. A your friends and B if you stop buying weed he stops making money C you are paying more money then you should
    the most that will happen is he says no then you say ok and consider buying from the other and if your dealer give you the discount you need (45 an 8th here) then from time to time you sit down and smoke a bit of the weed you bought from him as a tip

9. How if u have another guy now?

10. He doesn't seem like a friend to be using you as a business like that. $60 for an 8th is outrageous. If he doesn't like that you ask for lower prices, go to the new guy. I mean, I know if he gets eighths for $50 himself, it'd be hard to make money. Only making that much money off you though means he's not a very good dealer.

11. The $60 an eighth makes me think he's a middleman. Buys an eighth for himself and sells some of it to smoke cheap or free and goes to the main guy to get the eighth and a quick $10.

I would say you've been a steady customer and should hook you up with an eighth for $50.

12. It's been a while since I've been in the "game". I haven't smoked in months, but from what I remember, an eighth WAS around $60, especially if a single gram is $20.

Think about it: $20/gram. An eighth is three and a half at least. That puts you at about sixty, give or take. Now, I do know dealers who definitely have cheaper prices, but honestly, it's not a rip-off if it's at $20 a gram. Now, if he were selling at $15 a gram, that's a whole different circumstance. Honestly, I think some posters here are blowing things a tad out of proportion.

13. #13 Cawdswallup, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    Tell him you want five bucks a gram. Stand your ground. He'll settle on ten and you'll accept.

Badda bing badda boom.

Don't give a fuck where you are, 20 bucks for street weed is chump business.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

14. In NYC it's hard to find anything cheaper than that sadly
    An 8th costs $50-75 here :(

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I used to be kinda scared that until I got shorted a few times and I decided he didn't respect me because I was acting like a bitch. From then on I took my own scale and slapped each bag on it in front of him before I left, and if it was short I asked him "what's up with this, man?" Numbers don't lie. Never got shorted after that.

Drug dealers will push you around if you let them, I'm telling you. He's not your friend bro, he's your weed hookup. He just wants your money. Treat him as such. Don't cut him slack, because he sure as hell won't cut you any. 

It may sound harsh, but I'm just speaking from experience. You can definitely ask for a better price. It's your money, after all.

16. Business. That's all it is.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

17. If he is really your friend he shouldn't be trying to make much, if any profit when he sells to you imo. He should be tryin to look out for your money, not trying to wring you dry man. Like the guy above me said he's definitely not your friend, especially if you have to worry if he'll sell to you or not for only asking about the price of an eighth. 

Just ask him man and if he's not cool with it move on, he either has a shitty weed connection or is cheap as fuck.

18. I once paid for an eighth, and this is what happened:

I barely knew the person or persons who acquired it. I met them briefly through a mutual friend. I paid forty, which wasn't bad, until I realized the quality of weed I was given. Literally, it was brick weed. It was so fucking hard, you could throw it through a god damn window. 

19. Hold on. Where do you live? $60 in the US is a lot. Excuse me if I got that part mixed up haha.

I didn't know sixty in the US was too much.

Have the prices changed?

My memory is fuzzy. Maybe I got eighths for forty, I dunno. But sixty sounds right, especially if it's $20/gram, unless it's not supposed to be...