Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I Add Lecithin To Already-Made Canna-Butter???

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Brother Sweetleaf, Feb 14, 2013.

1. A week or two ago, I finished a slow, steady, 8-hour cooking of canna-butter from finely-ground herb that I de-carbed for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit, and the butter looks & smells REALLY rich & potent, but I realized AFTER it was prepared that lecithin is NOT an ingredient to be added to the recipe itself, but is rather an ingredient that is added during the preparation of the butter.

Would it be effective & wise to melt the butter again, and "cook" the lecithin into the butter on a low heat???

Can lecithin be added to already-made canna-butter? If so, then how???

Thanks for answering!

2. [quote name='"BrothaSweetleaf"']A week or two ago, I finished a slow, steady, 8-hour cooking of canna-butter from finely-ground herb that I de-carbed for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit, and the butter looks & smells REALLY rich & potent, but I realized AFTER it was prepared that lecithin is NOT an ingredient to be added to the recipe itself, but is rather an ingredient that is added during the preparation of the butter.

Would it be effective & wise to melt the butter again, and "cook" the lecithin into the butter on a low heat???

Can lecithin be added to already-made canna-butter? If so, then how???

Thanks for answering![/quote]

Yeah ive been there and made that mistake myself. Ive done exactly what you said before also. Ive just heated up my oil to about 180, added lecithin and let it dissolve in the mix. My edibles came out with no reasonable difference when i did