Can I 12/12

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by plants are company, Feb 5, 2017.

1. HI again guys :), i have a question to do with lighting.
    I want to start a garden that gives me nuggets of joy every 2 months .
    can i 12/12 from seed to bud? how would it effect the plant ?? im curious as if i can then im going to up the wattage in my tent:D.

2. do a month of veg 24/0 and then a month of 12/12 if you just do 12/12 you wont get anything.

3. I was planning on growing indica's the first being planted 2 months before the second. By that time it will have been put into flower and i was wondering if i could get it through its veg phase on 12/12 without it effecting flowering times etc.

4. Micro growers do it sometimes. They usually only end up with a couple grams. Buddy of mine did it a few times for fun. It wouldnt be worth the time invested as the small yeilds wouldn't be enough to last until the next grow unless you hardly ever smoked. Doesn't matter how much wattage you put in that tent, without a decent veg time you're yeilds will be horrible. They took somewhat longer to flower also and become fully mature

5. I had a small grow box 1.5 x 1.5 x 3' where I was getting around an ounce every 2 months but using autoflower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Not sure exactly why you would say,"if you just do 12/12 you won't get anything" when in fact I live where the light is natural 12/12 and I grew a plant in the ground under that light schedule and it gave almost 7 oz dried and cured( I chopped it like a month or 2 too early) it was first time ever with bag seed....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Check out my first auto growHTTPS://www.autoflower.net/forums/threads/first-auto-grow.57486/

7. If you are want to to harvest every few mths do auto flowers. On a 18/6 light schedule. How big of a space are you growing in?

8. There is an immense difference..... 12/12 from seed under lights won't do anything compared to what you did, not even the same thing. Outside its not necessarily the amount of daylight hrs that will make them flower, it's more the natural spectrum change as the season changes telling the plant what season it is and when to flower. By your standards I should be flowering 16/8 because last summer my plants naturally flipped outside with more than 16hrs of daylight..... Inside we use the length of darkness to trigger flowering, can be done outside as well but during the right time it will flower regardless of nighttime length.

9. For a direct visual, since I just happen to have two plants from seed, same strain and broke ground same day. One went 12/12 from seed and the other is in veg. The one in veg is smaller than her potential at this point because I held her back in a 1gal pot for a month due to lack of space, she's nearly double the one 12/12fs, and she will still stretch once flipped. Both broke ground 12-22, the one in flower showed sex 1-22, one month in veg and she'd be at the same spot in flower but much bigger.

12/12fs on left, in veg on right: IMG_20170205_104104.jpg IMG_20170205_104111.jpg

The one in veg is currently in a 2gal pot, ready to go to a 3 then in a couple weeks will go to a 5 for a final pot and get another week or two in veg. Just giving 3-4 wks in veg to build a good root system even if the plant is still small is worth it, more roots=more ability to uptake nutrients=bigger and more buds.

10. And as a side note, had I up-potted the one in veg when she was ready she would have been this big by the time the other showed sex and would be double by now. The only reason I threw in 3 plants 12/12 from seed was due to a change in plans and no room in veg and way too much room in flower. Plants were growing, lights are going, no reason to just ditch them. I'll get 3-4g each likely, maybe a touch more.

It's not worth it, IMO, if you have the space/lighting to grow bigger plants. It may suit some due to space limitations, but for the norm it's more work than its worth usually.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I agree completely.... if he is wanting to harvest every few months he should do autos and that will help with space to.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Auto flowers for the win in this situation for sure.Grow under 20/4 for the complete grow. A good stable strain should be able to hold a fairly consistent time line i.e. my two Mephisto Grape Crinkle autoflowers grown at different times both went 71 days from sprout to chop and were over 10 oz dry each. If I was doing what you want to do I would start one plant and grow her out, 2 weeks before the chop I would then start a second plant. Both could be in the same room due to being autos and not having to worry about different light schedules. A harvest every 60 days is very much a doable thing!

Grape_day71_2.jpg GC2_day70_3.jpg