Can Flowering Plants go 24/0?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Taylored, Nov 24, 2010.

1. I read that light should be 18/6, 12/12. Would a 24/0 light schedule help or hurt the flowering?

2. #2 housefullOweed, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
    24/7 is a veg light cycle like 18/6 and there for can not be used for flowering unless you were growing with auto flowering plants, 12/12 is the only lighting schedule for normal flowering plants...

3. This should be a sticky...

4. Is there any 24/7 flowering strains?

5. .....

6. That was a test. Congratulations, you passed :smoke:

7. This was not a test. You fail.

8. Not that I know of....12/12 is the standard for inducing flowering...if it's an Indica strain, you can get away with 12/12 to induce flowering (about two weeks) and then go back to 13/11 and still keep them flowering usually. I would not go more light than 13 or they may switch back to veggin, which will really slow things up for you.

9. i try to keep my lights off as much as possible 12/12 means less power more fruit

10. Plants make use of the energy they store during the day at night.

Marijuana is special, if it does not receive a dark cycle it will turn itself off and use that stored energy.

However, it is impossible to trigger flower using 24/0 because not enough darkness is present for the plant to produce the necessary hormones to trigger flowering. Autoflowering strains are different altogether.

Strains vary but for the most part that's it. I don't know if it's hormones for certain, I think it has more to do with potassium, there are others here who can answer more directly but that is how I understand it in a nutshell.