Can drug dogs smell cannabis lollipops?

Discussion in 'General' started by e.man, Dec 18, 2009.

1. So I got wondering today, can drug dogs smell cannabis lollipops? I'm really wondering if they can, and here is my reasoning. I feel like drug dogs are trained to smell the plant itself. I'm not absolutely sure how marijuana lollipops are made but it seems like they just extract the thc and bind it some sort of oil that then goes into the lollipop. Do you think drugs dogs can identify thc specifically?

Who knows, maybe I'm stupid for asking this. What is your take on it?

2. Im not sure......

but speaking of lollipops.....how many do u need 2 get high?

3. My guess would be yes. If the candy covered up the smell I think we'd have a lot more of that on the street.

4. The dogs smell individual smells like we see individual colors. He will smell, sugar, weed, etc.

5. Unless the wrapper says "Cannibis Lollipop" I doubt a cop would even think anything about it.
    Just be like, "Why is your dog smelling my candy?"

Then again, I'm sure most cops know that you can get it in lollipops, but I just wouldn't think about it if I was a cop.

6. Lol~
    Dog is the most inteligent animal out there.

7. yesterday or the day before, cant remember, i was about to ask this question but it slipped my mind.

8. good idea.

but a reality? what kind of lolipop would have cannabutter or cannaoil. probably dirt tasting, ugly looking. you can make like chocolate candies, goodies like ferroro rocher or lindor. mmmm chocolate. mmmm lots this season;)

9. #9 TearDownGod, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009

They have medical *Comma* thc laced lollipops my man.:smoke:

10. no, the dog is attracted to the odur of the plant, so a lollipop with extracted THC isn't going to trigger anything.

11. dogs can smell herpes............ don't fuck with the K9!

12. I like canna-pops. There is usually an "herbal" taste to them but they are still good.

They really don't make me feel "high". You just get a good head and body buzz from it, but it's very different than smoking. It's relaxing and calming and just feels good.

I really doubt drug dogs would catch these. Yes dogs can break down smells like we see individual subjects, but in this state it doesn't really smell much like weed usually smells. They are hunting for the "raw" (so to speak) smell.
    Also, I remember hearing a statistic that stated fewer drug dogs catch drugs than you would think. Meaning, just because they are a drug dog isn't a guarantee they will find drugs even if there are drugs around.

And, finally, if a dog DID alert on a piece of candy 9 out of 10 cops would dismiss it.

There is no such thing as medical THC (unless you are talking about Cannabinol, which I know you're not).

13. ^^^^
    thanks for the help man!

is it worth spending the 10 bucks for the lolipop??
    or

should i just put the 10 dollars on the half a oz ima get 2morrow

14. I would just put it towards bud, honestly. The pops are nice but I've never paid for the ones I had.

15. ohhh ok thanks 4 the help man

16. I just had a lollipop for the first time. It wasn't actually a lollipop, it was just a piece of candy. I only had half because I had heard they were supposed to be pretty potent. I felt nothing, I was really disappointed. I don't think I'll be spending my money on those anytime soon.

17. ........... Put a comma between medical and THC.

18. #18 JuicyGoose, Dec 19, 2009
    I think they'd be able to smell it. Only because they can smell it over soaps and lotions (except when you're like flowerchild and put a bag right in a thing of lotion :p), why wouldn't they be able to smell it in a lollipop? Dog's noses are way more sensitive than ours.

19. There have been a few reasons mentioned in this thread. The most notable attribute being that it no longer smells like the bud.

20. #20 JuicyGoose, Dec 19, 2009

It might not to us, but dogs have a keener sense of smell.

If they can train a cadaver dog to be able to smell a body in a big body of water... I'm pretty sure drug dogs can smell pot in a lollipop.

Also, cops aren't stupid. They train these dogs to smell any form of marijuana (how do i know? my sister's ex was a state trooper he specialized in narcotics) and only need the tiniest residue to notice it. Cops are very aware of all the methods used to get "high".