Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can cops arrest you for fake drugs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Laughing Grass, Nov 17, 2009.

1. I was watching cops and this dude got pulled over and he told the cops he had weed in his car. The cop put him in the back of the police car and searched the vehicle and upon the search he found the weed and a bag that looked to be coke. The cop went to the dude in the back of the cop car and asked him why he had coke in his trunk hidden and he told the cop it was not coke and was infact power sugar and baking soda. The cop proceeded to arrest him for the weed and having counterfeit narcotic's. Now this has me wondering wtf. I didnt know cops could arrest you for fake drugs. Does anyone know if this would really hold up in court and if this law applies in all states? That kinda freaks me out cuz if I had bought some legal herbs and a cop saw it he could potentially arrest me for having fake weed and that just doesnt seem right.

2. I'm sure they can arrest you with whatever, it's whether the charges will stick or not.

3. Thats what I am asking, would these charges actually hold up in the court of law? Also, does this law apply in all 50 states?

4. I know that if they can prove you intended to sell it as an illegal drug (i.e. if i label my baking soda bag "Cocaine").

I think it's kind of like how if you hold up a bank with a toy gun as long as they think the gun is real you will still get armed robbery.

That's just what i gather at least.

5. Yeah the cop was asking him about that and he said he intended to sell it for whatever he could get for it to pay some parking tickets. So in other words what your saying is he should have kept his mouth shut.

6. I think in this case, with a lawyer, it wouldn't hold up, but if he had the bag labeled "cocaine" or had powdered sugar in separate baggies, as if he was intending to sell them as a drug... I think it'd be harder to get out.

(Edit; so he told the cop he intended to pass it off? Then he's fucked. They'll bring it up and he's in some shit.)

7. Yea he fucked himself

8. Conspiracy to deal a look-a-like substance

9. Damn right.
    If he had just kept quiet about it, he would have had a chance of getting the charge thrown out in court.
    He just fucked himself over.
    Makes sense to me, especially if he had intent to sell it.
    But I doubt you'd get arrested for having legal herbs unless you were busted in the process of trying to sell it off as genuine marijuana.

10. #10 Laughing Grass, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    He didnt have the bag labeled, it was in a baggie all tied up like a dub of coke would be. The cop just assumed it was coke cuz nobody is going to bag up sugar like that. Obviously since it was on cops they have video of him admitting he was intending to sell it. What I am consurned with is if I had some legal herbs or some oragino in a baggie, them arresting me for fake weed.

EDIT: I have also had baking soda in a baggie, not tied up like coke but my brothers kinda joked about it. I had that cuz I get indigestion since I have acid reflux and I was using it to get rid of my indigestion. This was a while ago and I didnt want to take the entire box of baking soda with me to their house.

11. Rule #1 when being suspected by the police: Never admit to anything.

12. this.

13. hehe. true

14. dont talk and store your baggies and fake coke (baking soda) in a real baking soda box lol

15. they can arrest you if they believe its real drugs but in every drug charge in order to convict you, they need a drug certification to make sure what they siezed from you was actually real drugs. so yes you can get arrested, but no you cant get convicted.

16. it wont hold up in court but they totally can. they got these things called field test and the real drugs turn blue but most of the fake shit turns a darkish green with a bluish hue so they can bring you in any fuckin way.this is with mdma anway. then you go to court for 3 fuckin months until the crime lab proves they are in fact fake. thus costing you about 1500 bucks in lawyer fees and 3 months of precious time.:mad: dicks.