Can cleaning your bowl with alcohol be bad for you when you smoke out of it?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Kushmaster0619, Dec 25, 2011.

1. I have a dirty ass bowl and am desperate to clean it

2. Yes if you clean your bowl with alcohol there is a 100% chance you will die.

3. no there's no harm in it as long as you let all the alcohol evaporate

4. Rinse it with water afterward, and then let it dry.. If you smoke out of it when it's still wet might make you blind or kill you or something.

• Agree Agree x 1

5. :eek: fuck no, just rinse all the alcohol out, its not going to blind yo to smoke a wet piece :rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1

6. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.... I think she meant if the piece is still wet with alc, and you started smoking you may go blind or some shit.

The alcohol will evaporate. It's safe bro, use 91% rubbing alcohol for best results.

7. nope just rinse it out with water for a good 5 mins,then dry the bowl and your good to go.

8. As long as there isn't still alcohol in it, its fine. If it doesn't smell like rubbing alcohol any more that's probably good.

9. If you use ISO instead of water when you do a hit, you will tear the fabric of spacetime. Please, rinse it out before using. I just got used to reality.

10. If he smoked out of a piece that is wet with rubbing alcohol, you CAN go blind. -___-

11. i used 70% iso and my peice looked like the day i bought it. i just soaked it for like 30 min then dumped it out wiped the resin out then rinsed it in the sink real quick and im still here to tell the tale so youl be fine.

dont smoke before hand tho i did and made a mess my room smelled like alcohol for a few hours lol. i didnt realize the bag i had had holes in it so i squirted all over the place.

12. Just boil your bowl then after its cooled down brush it with a q-tip

• Like Like x 1
  13. The alcohol will evaporate, as long as you give it time to do so your fine.

I've cleaned my pieces dozens of times with 99% Iso and it works great, leaves them looking good enough to be in the head shop, and I haven't been killed yet.:D

^^ you don't even need to use a q-tip or anything, if you just leave it out at room temperature it will all evaporate off given a bit of time.

14. i wouldnt boil it if its glass could break it it cools to fast after

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. :laughing: Wow some people are really paranoid in this thread. You'll be fine cleaning your glass with 91% iso, or 99% if you can find it. It takes like 30 seconds for it to evaporate once it's not sitting in alcohol, so I usually just add salt + iso in a bag and shake. I then dump out the nasty alcohol-tar mix and pour hot water from my tap through the bowl. At this time I proceed to wipe it dry, pack a bowl and smoke it.

EDIT: also do not boil your piece, you are far more likely to break it and it's more work than alcohol.

16. Morange knows what's up. I do the same exact thing as him you'll be fine man.

17. Yes because the flames are going to get into your eyes. Think outside the box.