Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can bees pollinate weed plants

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LiDabz, Jan 7, 2017.

1. #1 LiDabz, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    What the title says lol. I'm blazed
    If so would bees contain cbd and thc.

2. I just mind fucked myself

3. I've read that both they can and cannot. I haven't done it so I can't say whether either side is true...

But cannabis does not produce pollen that the bees want.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can they? Yes... all it takes is for a bee to come in contact with male pollen then land on a flowering female.

Cannabis can self pollinate if it hermies

Your average honey bees probably aren't interested in marijuana flowers( no colorful petals to attract them)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. If we can train honey bees and other pollinators to co-aside with a marijuana environment we could create 100% process of marijuana cultivation? Environmentally friendly and more oxygen to breath with all this weed smoke expelled into our hopeless world

6. Honey bees run the world

7. The problem with that is you don't want the flowers you are smoking to be pollinated. Once a female is pollinated it switches its energy to seed production instead of continuing to produce thc.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Oh I see. That changes my perspective !

9. I grow outdoors, bees go crazy rolling around in the resin on my female plants, and they definitely have visited the pollen sacks on my males. I kept a male around for juicing last outdoor season, removing the male flowers as they grew, not allowing them to mature fully and drop a bunch of pollen. since I never let the pretty sure the bee activity lightly pollinated my plants, which is ideal for me. I still have mostly seedless meds, and I still have 6 seeds so far: Lemon Cherry F2, and alpine og x lemon cherry m.

10. Bees can pollinate cannabis plants but cannabis cannot be pollinated by other plants pollen. I kniw that may seem obvious but I have seen the question before and I wondered about it my self.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app