can anyone write a song?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by nahitscool, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ive been writing lyrics for like 5 years on and off and i just got to the point where i can write a full song im just wondering if im retarded and most people can if they put enough time into it, write a song?

2. Anyone can write a song in an hour. Whether it has any meaning, rhythm, flow or rhyming pattern is another story.
    Surely you have heard some things that pass as music on commercial radio and realise you could have done something similar in no time at all. The fact you have invested a lot of time into it tells me you are writing things of depth and substance as opposed to 3 straight minutes of cliched 'ooohhhh sweet darling baby, I miss you'

So basically yeah, anyone can write one. Whether you can write a good one is another story.

3. wtf all i can think about is why the fuck is your picture a guy with a mini cock LOL

4. Nah, It' cool.

5. Ive written some lyrics to go along with riffs I made on my guitar.

Ultimately the lyrics suck, and I can barely ever get a chorus and bridge to match with verses.

I basically just get verses with words, and have a hard time mixing in a chorus.

6. yeah i've written a couple. theres no right or wrong way to write a song though you don't need a chorus and such.

7. I guess some just see what they wanna see, because that's just a crappy plywood hallway with a small light on the ceiling.