Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this virus.

Discussion in 'General' started by Serapsis, Jul 29, 2011.

1. I cant seem to find anything on it, and i dare not click the continue button because i know its fake..

What happened was, I was logged off (forced off) facebook, tried logging back in with my password saved on my computer (so I dont have to type it in), password failed. I then tried making a new one and was sent a recovery email, I changed my password to something other than what it was before. Now when i try to log in with the new password it brings me here. (see pic)

I think its a browser hijack of some sort but I dont know what to do to get rid of it. Virus scan doesn't pick anything up.

I figure I post this in general because I think I got it from clicking a link in a thread on this forum and thought maybe someone else is having the same trouble.

[​IMG]

2. Virus<antivirus

3. Restore your computer to an earlier date.

4. Didnt think about restoring it, forgot it was even an option... Ill give it a shot.
    Ill report back if it works.

5. can you restore it back and the virus will be gone?

6. Plz do.

In my experience, yes

7. Restore didn't work :(

8. I decided to click "Get Started", it asked me to either do recovery questions, or identify photos of people on my list. I tried the photo option since i didnt want to type my questions incase it was a keylogger. now this comes up, and I really dont want to continue im still suspicious. Can someone confirm if this is real facebook or some attempt to get more information out of me.

[​IMG]

9. Can you open your browser in safe mode and see if it does the same thing?

10. Download Malwarebytes and scan your computer, should pick up anything not supposed to be there :)

11. Try malware bytes. Run its scan, and see if it can find something.

12. The Yahoo virus? Never heard of it.

What virus scan do you have?

Also, download this: Advanced SystemCare Free 4 Download Review for Windows XP/Vista/7 - IObit

It will help get rid of shit you don't need, maybe even the virus if you actually have one.

Have a friend or family member try logging onto their facebooks from your computer and see if it does the same thing. Maybe your account is just fucked up, not your computer. Or log on from a different computer.

13. malwarebytes found a couple things but im still having the same problem

14. You need Spybot Search & Destroy, it's hardcore.

15. Is the URL still Facebook.com?

16. I said fuck it and went through with it, it made me download a 2.3mb McAfee anti-virus file, it then scanned in the browser to find NOTHING. then it let me change my password and log in.

I thought it was a virus... fuck Facebook, them making you download some shit to check for a virus that it didn't even find. If FB gets any worse im switching to Google+

17. Probably some stupid ploy to get you to get McAffee. Did it install toolbars on your browser? Probably a ploy to get more money, because it makes money if you use the toolbars. I agree, fuck facebook.

18. no, it didnt install any visible things on my computer, though for all i know FB could be using it to spy or something devious.