Can anyone ID these buds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by EndTheDrugWar, Sep 22, 2010.

1. #1 EndTheDrugWar, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010
    So I've got these bud's that have been growing since around the 3rd week of August...
    I'm NOT sure when I should pull these.... and honestly i'm not sure how to "cure" them.

So if anyone can help me out, in that department.. that would be fantastic.

Some friend give me a huge bag of seeds... clearly.. I've got 2 different strands.. one bud is purple.. while the other isn't... anyone recognize it as anything, in particular?

Attached Files:

2. They look like sativa?

3. Yep, sativa.

Sativa can take up to 14 weeks or longer. You aren't even close yet.

Wet

4. You guys got that from the long thin leaves?

5. Yep.

Wet

6. Other than possibly noting a plant's general sativa-dominant or indica-dominant heritage, you cannot ID the strain visually. There are too many variants, too many cross-breeds, and not enough distinguishing characteristics to nail it down. Kind of like looking at a photo of a person and trying to determine what country s/he is from -- other than black/white/asian/etc and possibly light/blonde vs. dark complexion, you just can't tell.

As for your harvesting and curing questions, there is a whole sub-forum here at GC on those very topics, with stickies that cover the basics and all...

7. So which is better Sativa or Indica? I won't be able to wait 3 months to harvest it..
    it's growing out doors.. and the evenings are already starting to dip down to the upper 60's... I plan on pulling them sometime mid-next month.

I suppose to cure it, I just trim the buds, then put the buds in a sealed jar?

8. Neither is "better", it's subjective. Sativa gives more of a head high, indica more of a body stone. Up to your personal preference.

Sativas grow bigger and take longer to mature.

Read up on curing, your question comes pre-answered...