Can anyone help me figure out why my Leaves are twisting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tana720, Sep 21, 2015.

1. My 1wk and half old plant some of the leaves are twisting ...

Attached Files:

2. It's just how they open sometimes. The more you get the better they look. Probably bad genetics

3. I got all my seeds from attitude seed bank ... but thanks someone else told me I had ph problem but I ph everything down to 6.3 -6.5 soil reads the same .. I thought it was the light I have 1000watt hps over it right now bout to go get the Cmh tomorrow. .

Attached Files:

4. Secondaries look good. The wrinkled ones are dying. You can snip or let fall naturally. I snip to maximize nutrient uptake to vitals.

5. #5 killset, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
    Do not snip those leaves. If they're green, they're doing their job and not dying. They'll be fine. What's your watering schedule like? Temps? Humidity?

6. Water and fed on Thursday and than most the time just straight phd water on Sunday or Monday which I always light fed the humidity bounces from 63 to 48

7. What about temps? They good? Some of the smaller ones may not need fed yet. Cotlyedon leaves carry everything a seedling needs. Cotlyedon leaves are the first set of rounded leaves that appear. As long as your temps are in check just give it some time. Other then that they don't look bad. Keep the leaves

8. #8 PNWClosetGrower, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
    In soil you want 6.5 - 7 ph water. i did the same thing ph'ing to 6 almost killed mine but i fixed my ph issue and kaboom they grew. Your run off water should be around 5.2-5.5 if your soil is within range.
    [​IMG]

9. Thanks the only reason why I ph to 6.3 Is for the medione is says to ph at 6.3 for best results .. but thanks guys I really appreciate all the input

10. Here

Attached Files:

11. They look really good though, they might just weather whatever caused the twisting. Mine seem to take the bad things better the bigger they get.

12. Hi I'm at the end of a 2st summer of growing in and outdoors and have had great success mostly due to the journal I keep, you really want to consider it. Also sub up to a few journals that are similar to your set up. ..your welcome to look around mine, I'm afraid it's a Lil messy. ..
    Your plants look fine btw I've had the same thing happen to a few of my babies with any bad effects....
    Good luck with your garden whatever you decide ✌

13. I do keep a log on everything and I appreciate u guys thanks this is my second grow and my first grow with actual good equipment and good seeds .

Attached Files:

14. twisting is caused by overwatering.. Pretty basic

15. I thought over watering was when the leaves drop down and sag down to the stem

16. when they're older and bad they do... Those are just a bit overwatered so just back off some and you're good.. When that young it causes the tips to curve down like that one and wrinkles/ twists start

17. Thanks TinTizzy I appreciate all the input thanks

18. I normally find that when a larger plant leaves twist, Its a from either a nutrient problem or a hormone problem. Normally from what your feeding them or spraying on them. When it comes to clones or seedlings it can be a little more difficult to tell.

19. Thanks blueberry_kush101