Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can anyone explain Kush well?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bobmarleyo21, Nov 3, 2009.

1. I know my weed strains pretty well but not even I can explain the famous "Kush" strain well. Here's my best explanation at it:
    All kushs came from the middle east, they are normally cross bred strains and a lot of them were cross bred with hindu kush at one point. Kushs are usually a head stoney high. They are famous for their high potency. Most people say they are indica strains, but OG strain has more sativa then indica in it. Feel free to discuss this topic with me.::bongin:

2. #2 NutsLikeKngKong, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
    Kush (cannabis) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kush refers to a subset of strains of indica cannabis. The origins of Kush cannabis are from landrace plants mainly inAfghanistan and sometimes, Iran, Pakistan and Northern India with the name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range. "Hindu Kush" strains of cannabis were brought to the United States in the mid to late 1970s and continue to be available there to the present day.

Well there you go.

3. i would think some nice fluffy weed..

4. so I've always wondered what's up with "burmese kush." there's a teeny bit of the very eastern himalayas in the northern corner of burma, but I can't imagine the indicas that grow up in those mountains would be considered kushes(i really don't think they go that far east). so is it just kush crossed with a haze sativa, or something? or do breeders just call strains kush because they're stupid and think more people will buy their seeds if there's "kush" in the name?

5. ya i've seen that wiki page about kush I don't fully agree with it though.

6. ah yes some good questions. I believe the kush strain was crossed with many different strains thus many strains having the word kush in them. It is true too some kush strains are indicas while others are sativas.

7. I'd be grateful if anyone could explain what "OG" stands for. I'm guessing it's an acronym for something. Old Grandad? Organically Grown? Oriental Ganja?

Or maybe you just pronounce it "og" which rhymes with "frog"??? :eek:

8. pssh, middle east? hellz nah brah, the one and only hindu kush originated from the foothills of the himalayas in northern india. Hindu priests would and still do smoke cannabis as a way of enriching the mind, I'm really curious as to how they smoked it, as i'm not certain but i can assume it was in a very cool way.

how awesome is it that priests at one point used to just sit around get high, and claim it was a spiritual experience, sounds like my kinda life.

9. actually, kushes are from the eastern middle east and western and northern s asia. pakistan is considered part of the middle east, and it used to be part of india. lots of hindus lived in pakistan, and lots of muslims lived in india before the the country broke into three nations(india, pakistan, annd later bangladesh breaking away from pakistan because they couldn't maintain a long distannce relationship lol).

but in some senses your right. if you smoke lebanese hash it's not going to come from kush cannabis plants.

10. This is not true. Kush (or koosh) is a 100% pure indica, not a sativa. It was brought back by some nice California hippies in the mid 1970's to breed with the sativa species. Like the people in America its hard to find anything that's 100% pure these days so its true you can bet that any Kush you come across stateside with be a hybrid of indica and sativa, but as far as the the species is concerned 100% pure indica.

11. Correct.

12. good shit...but know one yet has told me anything informative that i didn't know about the kush strain.

13. well it sounds as if you pretty much know everything.

its from the hindu kush region and is 100% indica or indica dominant.

shitty kush does exist.

kush is commonly used the way that the word "dro" is used to describe some dank bud.

14. i feel that most kushs are indica and indica dominant but some kushs are sativa dominant, cuz they have been crossed with many sativa strains in the past. like OG kush is a sativa dominant kush

15. true. you can cross anything with anything just about.

maybe i was unclear on the original question.

16. the kush strain has branched out so much in the past years, that their are a ton of kush strians now.

17. Amazing marijuana.

18. anyone heard of pournge kush i got some and smoked it hit me very well and the dude i got it from said its orange kush with purple kush and a lil white. so is this jsut mixed up or is it the weed cross bread or something

19. i dont think the majority 'just' sat around and got high

20. I think Kush just means weed that originates from the Kush Mountains or whatever. & Kush typically is Indica, but I've never tried any kush =(

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app