Can additional CO2 replace all the fans?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by redmaster, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Hy, im planning an indoor grow in my wardrobe, but the noise of the fan(s) represents a big issue. Would the using of additional CO2 by a home made Sugar/Yeast generator help me to grow with no fans at all?

Forgot to mention that this would be my first indoor grow, i plan having max. 2 plants with a few cfl lights. 

2. No, absolutely not. Get better fans. Amazon has a 4 pack for like $12 of 120 mm case fans.

3. As i said, the noise is my problem, not the price, even with the least noisy fans.

Any advice of indoor growing without any fans?

4. You need fans, there is no way around that. Unless maybe you just grow by a window or something like a normal house plant.

5. Plants need fresh air. How bout I shove you in a box with no fresh air and see how you like it?

6. Could you perhaps run a dryer vent from the wardrobe to another location and have the fan at the far end of the dryer vent sucking from this far end? This way you won't need to have the fan right in the wardrobe. The strength of the fan will determine how much air is moved but would be a way for you to keep air moving while not actually having the fan in the wardrobe.

J

7. If the noise is an issue, won't the smell be an even bigger one if you have no ventilation?

8. #8 TheAnswer121, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    the air needs to be circulated. adding co2 has nothing to do with ventilation and air movement.

if you have sufficient ventilation, you won't need co2

9. You will not generate enough co2 with yeast and sugar to make any bit of difference to the plants. The threshold where the co2 is benefitial to the plants is much higher than any DIY setup using yeast and sugar could produce. Don't cut corners or you're asking for problems.

10. Some of them pc fans are pretty quiet. Like no sound at all.

Special KAY