Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can a drug dog signal to your car when you are in traffic?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Endy08, Apr 6, 2012.

1. SWIM drove by a K9 unit with some bud on him. Kind of scared the shit out of him because he realized that he didn't know if the dog could signal to his car while it was in motion. What do you guys think? Is a person good if he follows the rules of the road, or is he going to get pulled over anyway?

2. whos swim?

no prob not. maybe if you were smoking and both your windows were down and you were sitting next to him at a red light.

3. SWIM - Someone Who Isnt Me

I doubt it though

4. The dogs are brighter than the cops...Dogs actually follow orders.

Cops on the other hand can justify about anything as it isn't too difficult...But more than likely the dog would not alert unless it was already on alert due to another search.:cool:

5. That's the conclusion that I came to, but it was still weird as hell. And yes, SWIM=Somone Who Isn't Me. I don't know. I'm just paranoid and I don't like the police. lol

6. why do people use SWIM, were not talking about fucking meth or something here, no cop is going to snipe out your post and track you down

7. and ,.. "if you were smoking and both your windows were down and you were sitting next to him at a red light", they may not need the dog.:smoke::smoke:

because, the dog needs to first be put into "search" mode

8. Couldn't if they wanted to these forums aren't host in the states lol

9. Sort of..."Seek" mode would be a better term.:cool:

10. Last summer I was coming back home from picking up. Had a decent sized amount on me. I'm at a red light, and this k9 unit pulls right up next to me. Nothing happened of course, but the whole time I was thinking "don't fucking bark... dont fucking bark.. keep your damn mouth shut dog" lol

11. Can a drug sniffing dog sniff drugs at all?(or can a woodchuck chuck wood:confused:) I know they can be trained not to respond to drugs at airports.:p

U.S. Supreme Court to Decide Whether Drug Sniffing Dogs Are Reliable

Court to rule on reliability of drug-sniffing dogs

12. for whom & why?:confused:

13. #13 earlycyler, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
    Unless your riding around with a carload of cats your ok. To the dog it is just a game. They have to be instructed when to play. If there reliable or not I can't say but I have seen a dog walk past someone when he had dam near a half ounce in his shoe and the dog never made a noise.

14. Other people have mentioned this, but to be more clear, a drug dog acts upon a command to search for contraband.
    They aren't going to give any sort of "found drugs" signal when you're sitting next to them in traffic, because they haven't been given the command to sniff for drugs.

15. K9 police dogs are always barking. if someone walks past the car they bark their arse off. i'd say the handler would have to be monitoring the dogs changes in actions in order to see if something was up. don't think if the dog started to bark the officer would even pay too much attention to it unless the dog was in seek mode.

16. As many above have said, the dog won't react unless it's given the command to sniff for drugs.

Also, many drug dogs are training to sit, or to dig when they smell drugs - not to bark. If this was true for the dog you passed, it would be unlikely that the cops would even notice that the dog was reacting to your car.

17. [​IMG]
    You do realize that if a police station can bust a pretty decent marijuana operation, their % of closure goes up meaning promotions, more money for some people and the higher people are much more happier. If a cop on here sees that SWIM is selling, transporting or buying, why wouldn't they try and find out who you are?

If you get a seller, he's most likely growing. If you get a transporter and/or buyer, they'll most likely rat the seller out. You're dumb for thinking otherwise.

18. I don't think "SWIM" is going to protect you.

If you use "SWIM" and then a cop PM's you and asks if you can sell him some weed, and you go and sell him weed, you're fucked anyway.

Frankly, I agree with the guy you quoted - using "SWIM" is completely useless - it's your other decisions (selling to a guy that PMed you) that will screw you over.

EDIT: Also, just to note, it would take YOU telling the cop who you are for him to be able to find out who you are. There is no way for the police to "track" you down other than having you meet up with them, telling them where you live etc. And I'm pretty sure everyone knows "SWIM" = "me".

19. The dog isn't going to be able to smell your bud if hes in the cops car. They have to get pretty close to smell around, and even if they are barking the cop isn't going to think that you have drugs on you. Dogs are dogs, they tend to bark.

20. If the handler knows his K-9 well enough he may recognize it's signals and home in on you. The dogs nose is at least 10,000 times more sensitive than a humans. Roll up the windows, turn the air off, and stay downwind. I hate K-9s, you just never know.