Can A Carbon Filter Be Added To A Air Filter?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jonasblue, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok So I Bought A Air Filter Its One Of The Ones That You Plug In. Can A Carbon Sheet Filter Be Used To Control Smell? I Plan On Putting The Sucking Part On The Plants And Enclosing Them With A Fan Of Course With Ventaliaation.
    Peace,
    Jonas

2. What kind of air filter? Many air filters are essentially a fan that channels air through a filter material, it may already have activated charcoal in it or you could replace the filter element with one that does.

The basic answer is that you need to move air through the carbon filter, so it depends on the strength of your fan, the amount of intake is provided to the grow space, and how much resistance the carbon filter gives to that air flow. As long as you achieve air movement through the carbon filter it should work.

3. i dont know enough but it sounds like it make sence but good luck with that

4. Its A Pretty Good Air Filter. I Smoked A Fat Blunt In My Room And Blowed The Smoke In It And It Took Out The Skunt Element Of The Smoke. Its A Pretty Good Air Filter Its Like A 150 Dollar Filter. It Has Those Removable Screen Filter In It. Will Be Looking Into It.
    Peace,
    Jonas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.