Can’t sleep any advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by DanMahoy, Dec 6, 2017.

1. I know this is a bit of a long shot but I’ve been smoking puff pretty heavily for 5 years now and it’s been fantastic. However I have got far too much stuff going on at uni just now and unfortunately don’t have the will power to do both. So I’ve made the sad decision to give it up. But now I can’t sleep at all and it’s making Uni harder than ever. I know this will pass soon but I’m really struggling and was wondering if anyone had any advice or if I’m just going to need to ride this through. Thanks

2. A good night routine is essential for a good nights sleep. I'd recommend limiting electronic usage because the screen light will keep you up. Try reading.
    To stay natural, try out melatonin. It's a natural hormone in the body that helps with sleep. taking this at night helps increase it, and usually there's no grogginess in the morning which is nice.
    You can also even try getting lavender essential oil and sprinkle it on your pillow. It helps to fall asleep and relax.
    You can eat foods high in magnesium for dinner or as nigh snacks like bananas, pumpkin seeds, or leafy greens. [Top 10 Magnesium Rich Foods Plus Proven Benefits - Dr. Axe]
    If you workout, try to do it in the morning. Exercise increases cortisol levels, which are supposed to naturally go down at night to prepare ya for sleep.
    I think the best thing I ever incorporated into my night routine to help me sleep better was stretching for 15-20 minutes in a dimly lit room. Light stretching. You can even just do it in bed right before sleep. It's great!
    I'm an insomniac of 10+ years, so I've done lots of research. It helped me out to write out my nightly routine and set up when to begin it. (Another important thing, try to go to sleep at the same time every night, be consistent)

Hope this passes for you soon, and that these help!

3. those herbal sleep pills you get at the 7-11 work a treat

good luck