Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can’t get High...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MartaMolotov, May 6, 2018.

1. hello everyone, first time on here.
    Ok, so here’s the story. I’m 25 and have never smoked weed, never smoked weed in high school or anything. I took a bong toke twice on two separate occasions in my early twenties. My fiancée is an avid weed smoker and gets high everytime. I want to share in the things he enjoys so I’ve started to smoke with him. I have been smoking half a joint with him everyday for a bit over a week now and I CANNOT get high! Meanwhile my fiancée is high as a kite...
    I’ve read previous forums where it stated that you build a high tolerance from chain toking, and the way to stop the building of tolerance against a high the solution is to stop either completely or don’t smoke as often. My fiancée says I’m a mutant lol so I have no idea what’s going on. Maybe someone knows?

2. Are you coughing? My guess is that you haven't been inhaling it properly. I don't mean that in an insulting way. Just my thought

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. First time I smoked I didn't get stoned. You take a hard enough hit you will get stoned, my friend!

• Like Like x 3
  4. I am going to second the idea that you aren't inhaling properly, very common mistake for those new to weed. You really have to suck that smoke down into your lungs. Also, try getting your bf to give you a dab. If that doesn't work than you are straight up broken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 CBDBurner, May 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2018
    Get a mouthful of smoke and inhale through your nose. U maybe taking throat hits not getting smoke in your lungs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smoking out of a bong will help too. They are easier to inhale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Thanks guys! I’ll give it a shot :)

8. [​IMG]

Try taking bigger hits and hold it in longer. Don't over do it though if yur not big on doing it anyway it should take much weed.

Or he might not be putting any weed in it if your not getting high like because he probably doesn't want you too.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. When you inhale take a another breath of oxygen after you inhale the smoke. So that way you know for sure you inhaled twice that way the smoke will travel deeper in your lungs if it already hasn't.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Weed now days is strong. You said you been having half a joint and you never done it before and it's not getting you high. Hmm mm that's very weird indeed. Most modern weed 1 drag from a joint will put someone like you on the floor.

That's why I think he hasn't been putting any weed in your half and it's probably just tobacco or just the leaf and not the bud.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Edibles might help

12. You're not inhaling enough smoke and/or holding it in long enough. Take a good drag and hold it in for at least 3 seconds.

Also try a bong. That's a much more effective way of getting stoned from smoking imo.

13. Dear Marta -
    You’re a mutant :rolleyes:

14. Way to get like me Chase High like I'm smoking crack lol sit here and puff all damn day long. Once in awhile I get high.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

15. Yah bong rip that make snot come out of u

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

16. 99% chance you are not inhaling correctly. Whether it is a bong, joint, bowl etc. after you take the hit of smoke into your mouth, take a deep breath of fresh air to push all the smoke into your lungs, hold for about 3 seconds and exhale. I have had a lot of friends with this issue as they just hadn't smoked anything much in their lives so inhaling wasn't a normal concept to them.

17. I think u may just not be inhaling fully. Also, smoking half a joint really isn't much especially if it is some low grade herb. I'd say try bong rips again of decent weed and be sure to deeply inhale the smoke opposed to cigarettes. I do believe some people just naturally have a higher tolerance to certain substances.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. BS.................................Come to my place, I will get you so stoned you will not know what year it is.
    Your not smoking the right weed in a way you will get stoned.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. I’d like to add that we’re smoking the same joint lol I smoke one half and he smokes the rest

20. This comment has made the most sense to me. I have never taken into perspective the fact that inhaling wouldn’t be a normal thing for me since I do feel awkward/inexperienced when I take drags, thank you! I’ve always taken a drag and taken a sharp breath in and let it out since I don’t want to get crazy stoned. I’ll definitely try your method :)

• Like Like x 1