Camping?

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 745666, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Going camping for the first time at this place called enchanted rock. What are some bad ass things I can do to enhance my trip? I want to have to most trippy experience possible and also be safe.
    (Let's just say multiple plants will be involved)

Tell me about your good times camping. Mistakes you've made, things you wish you could do etc. And maybe some good music to listen to. I was thinking the beetles and pink Floyd. Anyways I'm ranting

TLDR: give me camping tips/stories

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I don't have much advice for you regarding the trip, but just make sure you're careful and don't get caught. Don't really try to hide somewhere or look sketchy because you'll get busted, but if you're far away from people and smoking a joint they'll think its a cigarette.

And in regards to music: I usually listen to pretty much anything my schoolboy q, Kendrick Lamar, or the game

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fire, of course, you'll be trippin, nothing better. Incense, any nice smellies actually. A dog, always mega fun (best if they're chill, no fun if your thoughts start looping an spiraling, and your fellow canine traveler picks up on the odd vibes and body language, not fair on them). If your going as a duo or in a group, hopefully someone's adept at jamming an can fill up the air with some acoustics, otherwise headphones are aces when solo. Not really much point planning too much dude, the key is making sure you have enough firewood an getting it going before twilight, everything else just takes as comes. :)

Actually, this has put me in the mood for a hike an trip, hmm..

Enjoy, fellow traveler.

4. I don't need much when I have the great outdoors.  

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah I think op is over thinking it. Fire, food, tent, sleeping bag etc. More shit you take the more you have to carry and clean up. KISS.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eh, I used to like camping, but I live in the woods now (have for 33 years) so it's like camping every night.

View from my porch (in the summer):

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Enchanted rock, texas? I went there over the summer and it was badass. Found a sweet camping spot in the back right at the base of the rock. My parents used to go camping there regularly in the 70s trippin balls

Just be aware once the raccoons find your food they won't go away.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would kill to have a view like that.

I was going to be the first to point out that OP should edit his post because he is talking about unmentionables.

That being said, I went out into the woods a few weeks ago, and to me the best part was not having my phone. We were out there for probably about 4 hours, but the fact that I didn't have my phone meant I didn't keep track of time. It was nice to be free from the shackles of time for a few hours. I would recommend not bringing your phones, or just leaving them in the car.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Go explore the surroundings? Or try to create a romantic camping dinner for yourself in a camping situation. My suggestion is to bring a screen canopy to help protect you from mosquitoes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Don't wander in the middle of the night...I always wander in the middle of the night when I go camping, and I can't tell you how many times I backtracked myself to an entirely different place and said, "Well...Shit...":coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Depending on how far out (physically) you go, at the risk of sounding like a grandpa be very careful. Always have zip lock bags, trash bags, and good cover. My favorite moments of camping were always early mornings listening to classical music sitting on the riverbank with a beer. (I don’t drink or camp now but live in the sticks like that Bigfoot that posted above)
    You’ll fall in love with it but again, be safe. I never seen a drs office or ER near the places I went.

Last thought, nothing is worse than spending hours in a canoe to get somewhere and saying “I forgot that ___________.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Camping is fun as shit, but be careful if you've never been before. I'd watch some YouTube videos for beginners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. One time I was camping and my friend took a huge bong rip of Salvia then freaked out and almost ran off a cliff. We had to tackle him.... so watch out for cliffs with intoxicated friends I guess is the moral of that story lol

Sent from my SM-S124DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. My favorite camp spot in the west SC mountains has a 75 ft drop just a short spit from the campsite and I made a mental note of that near 30 years ago. I’ve been wasted in that site many times but never took a wizz trip in that direction.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I hated to come off like a prude but a simple cut or blister can make for a miserable time.