Camping out in the Everglades

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Deleted member 281310, Sep 13, 2017.

1. I've been wanting to do this, just me a tent and maybe some canned food. Park somewhere far off with my cell in the car, mark the trees to my camp spot with some spray paint and clear an area out to make it as hospitable as possible. The everglades is mostly swamp but there's some dry area so i can make it happen. It's been a long time since i've stepped foot in there though and should probably take a lot of mosquito repellent. While out there i can observe how the ecosystem works. How the plants and animals work together to make up the swampland we call Everglades National Park.

If i get used to it i can hunt, fish, track... lots of possibilities. Have you ever done something like this? Share

2. Wow dude you're alligator food. lol

Looks like it's a bad time to visit south florida. Maybe nobody will be at the park. Sounds pretty dangerous though theres a shit ton of big snakes too. Have a weapon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don't go alone. I would get a Life Straw(these cannot be used with saltwater or brackish water) and a flint fire starter. Or one of those fire pistons. I would also bring a mosquito net and lots of other camping supplies, like a compass and a propane stove. And do some research online to get an idea of what you will need camping in your location.

• Like Like x 1