Camera Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by dpc1192, Jan 24, 2007.

1. I would like to enter to world of photography, but don't own a camera! hahaha. I'm looking to get a pretty decent camera that I could use for a while. I dont want to spend to much money, but I'm not going to be cheap buying it. I live in Florida on the Beach, so it is sunny most of the time. I'm going to Europe over the Summer (Amsterdam and Paris) and though that would be an amazing place to take some pictures!!! What Cameras do you recommend??? Thanks Alot Guys!

2. My fav. camera is the Canon Rebel EOS digital.. Still working on buying a dig. for myself but I do have a 35 mm.. I love it and have never had any problems w/ it..even when it's cold out..
    If you want to get into photography that would be your best bet. Ebay....
    My cousin has a nice pocket camera.. He took a picture of a fatty bud and zoomed in on the crystals on the INSIDE!! What!! Can't remember the name of it though.. so no help there.. If you want to know the name pm me to remind me and I'll find out for you..

3. I own an Olympus E-VOLT E500 digital SLR but much like the Digital Rebel, it's going to run you anywhere from $700 to $900 bucks.

My very first camera though was a Minolta SRT201, it's old and it's completely manual. Obviously you don't get any neat features, it's pretty bare but the pictures turn out nice and it gives you a real good footing to get into photography because you learn the basics fast.

As far as cheap, good quality, low priced cameras, I really don't know what I'd recommend because I don't have much experience with those, but Durchii gave some good recommendations to someone asking the same question in this thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/artists-corner/133529-share-your-camera-thread-2.html

4. i NEED a digitar rebel. ive got a regular 35 mm. not satisfied, its film not digital. might go to ebay

5. haha I dont want to spend more than 500 i dont think in my position right now.

6. When I was deciding between digital SLRs (my parents bought it for my birthday) I was deciding between the Digital Rebel, and the Olympus E-500. The Digital Rebel gets so much hype that it was instantly my first choice, but I ended up going with the Olympus because it came with 2 different lenses and more accessories for a better price. I'm actually pretty happy with my choice though, I got a macro lens for it for Christmas, and the camera treats me surprisingly well. If I were you, I'd look around at some of the Digital Rebels competitors before you choose that one, its a good buy for sure, but for the price you can get a better bargain with just as much quality.

7. Id +rep you but i gave too much out/must spread. i dont know what to choose, tax return=not speniding it on weed. so yea, probably a laptop or a camera.