CalMag Question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by zerofex, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Hello! This is my first grow and current setup. So far all my plants are doing good. I'm growing 2 ak48's in a hydro top drip system and they're flourishing despite a bit of nutrient burn.

1000w Dual Spectrum
    General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part with calmag

In fact I just recently learned I should be using a fraction of what is recommended. My mentor told me to pick a nutrient set and follow the label closely, so now I plan to use 50% strength from here on out and increase if needed.

To clarify, my nutrient schedule is here. I will be using 50% of what they recommend for week 2.
    http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH-FloraSeries-REC-Charts.pdf

My question is about CalMag frequency. If you notice on the bottom of the chart is advises:
    "When growing plants in coco media or with reverse osmosis water use 5ml of CALiMAGic per
    gallon during the first two weeks."

I use RO water so I should be around 0ppm. My question to you knowledgeable ones is should I continue to add 5ml/2.5ml etc per gallon of CalMag to my solution throughout my veg? The chart says only the first two weeks yet as I read around I notice many growers are using calmag at least throughout their veg cycles. As a first timer I have no reference to go off of!

I should also note that I am growing these plants to be mothers so that I can fill out a 15 slot system. In fact these 2 Ak48's will be in a seperate room later to be perpetually in veg.

Any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.