Calling All Pollen Chuckers

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by needsomebeans, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Gor this guy set up w a Cherrybreath cookie and nightmare cookie male as of right now!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Let the good times roll my friend. I'm growing out a collaboration between one of my chucks and one of my friends chucks. I'll post pics when the lights come on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Here's a little chuck that is a collaborative effort between myself and a friend z Triple Purple Rhino X Purple Voodoo X Silver Tip X Lemon Alien Dawg. IMG_1458.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  4. Anyone want to describe their process? I'm fairly new and love learning! ✌

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'm just a small time grower so my process is a bit simplified. I find a female that I like and pick my favorite male out from what ever I have going.

• Like Like x 2
  6. So here is where I'm at. Thought I needed a breeding chamber and all that which I do in the winter but for now, while I'm Uber noob, I have come up w a plan. Tell me what u guys think.

I now have a Cherrybreath Cookies male in my breeding chamber. She thru out mad balls, well before some plants were even showing sex. So I had to act quick if I was going to keep him going, since I have a sensimilla only garden at the moment. So I isolated him and 2- Nightmare cookie males in the chamber.

I orginally had the idea of doing an open pollination w the CBC and just throwing a few different females in the chamber and just letting them do their sexy business in there.

Then I got scared. There can be so much pollen and I have a huge fan the is blowing right past the chamber towards my fem room. So, I was reading and thinking why not take the male to my personal spot, miles away from the grow...let him grow out and drop pollen, collect it and then bring it back the chamber that will eventually be empty, where I'll take a fem or 8 of my liking and dust them with collected pollen, let them sit for a couple days, spray them down and reintroduce them to the fem pop.

That way I'll have a controlled use of pollen and should have much less risk.

Hope that makes sense, just toked up!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Great job guys!! How large of a selection are you guys choosing your parents from?
    I have some crosses ive made. Ill have to get some pics on here.

• Like Like x 2
  8. My fems I've had for years and the males I'm just using the first ones I got from my packs. Yes I know this isn't the best way but I can't pop 100 seeds and look for males. SO, I'm going to breed w these, see how their progeny turns out and back cross the best ones and or look for a better dad in this gen. Make sense? Don't really know if it does but it's all I got right now. I do have a couple nightmare cookie dads to choose from and I still have more seeds of each so I'll make my selections and work w those and at the same time soon, I'll be popping the remaining beans to hunt for a better dad that way as well

• Like Like x 3
  9. You gotta make do with what ya got. Sometimes choices are very limited with certain strains. Chemdog gg4 and sour d was made all from a handful of seeds. I think its more what you do with the generstion and selection you make after the initial breeding thats where your selections will truly shine in the next generstion

• Like Like x 5
  10. From what I have been reading, ur right. If u take enough time, and have a good female to start w that isn't proNE to hermaphroditism, you should be able to express all the positive genes if you work one or two or how many seperate lines first. I'm still all scattered when it comes to knowing all this info and actually understanding it all but I'm getting there...I hope lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. Got my first pollen yesterday collected. Feel like a boss. Lol .. not really but good feeling knowing it went well and I also harvested and am now drying probably 4x the amount I already collected and jarred so good things are happening so far! Any of u guys have a breeding chamber in your grow facility, I'm talking like close to ur fem room? Mines about 20 feet away. Hoping to not spread it all around.

Vader from ocean grown seeds said it can be done but still waiting if he still subscribes to this method anymore as the video was 3 years old. Hope he doesn't come back w hey, don't do it. U will fuck urself at some point lol

• Like Like x 3
  12. Treat pollen as you would spider notes. Change clothes etc after being exposed to pollen and before entering a room with females

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just recieved my order from GROBOTNIK genetics. I ordered a pack of purple alpine og. They threw in a free 10 pack of chocolate twist as well. Cant wait to get these new genetics in the dirt!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Yea I've been going in the room after I work in the fem room with just my draws on. When I'm done I spray the floor immediatly around the breeding room area and leave. I don't actually go in the room if I don't have to, just work from the doors open. Tying to limit my exposure. I also spray water in the room all around before I even open the door. I stick my arm in and spray. Hope it helps. We shall see lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. I heard spraying distilled water will kill pollen speaking of check my new make stud. 0730171905.jpg 0730171911a.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. #36 greenbeans420, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    hi man, i usually try to have approx 10-15 different types going when pollen chucking with 3 different areas for 3 main studs, cos sometimes there can be an high % of crosses where genes do not match well & the offspring exhibit negative growth traits, out of all pollen chucks for 2016 more than 50% turned out no good & seeds disposed of, usually % is better than 2016...worst ever year for chucks, but ended up with a few nice types

• Like Like x 3
  17. thats going to be a nice cross i think, Nightmare Cookies is a sleeper waiting to be discovered!

• Like Like x 4
  18. We shall see. Got cbc x nightmare bow by accident so the cross happened sooner rather than later lol left what I thought was a fem in the flower room. Had 1 sac open and I can see 2 seeds now

• Like Like x 3
  19. Great thread

• Like Like x 2
  20. #40 greenbeans420, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Hazeman Seeds Mikado female pollinated via GGG Bright Moments male
    IMG_0287.JPG

• Like Like x 1