Calling all photographers

Discussion in 'General' started by BongManManMan, Jan 1, 2013.

1. I am about to go on my first adventure with getting a camera. I've had your run of the mill digital's before but I want a little more. I document A LOT of graffiti through out my travels. I always end up just taking pictures with my phone or my crappy digital cameras. I have hundreds of pictures from all over and I want to upgrade my camera quality and give my photographer ego a little boost. I'm thinking about watermarking my flics and putting them out on the main stream graffiti blogs and all that jazz.

I started looking at cameras today because my birthday is coming up and I stumbled on the Nikon Coolpix L810. After reading some reviews I think I have found my camera. I have a friend who is really really good with research look into it for me to see if it is the one I should go with, or if there are other cameras along the same price and prestige. I don't think I'm ready to really shell out the cash for an even better camera with this being my first go at really getting into photography but it could be a good stepping stone.

So my question for you guys that know a thing or two about cameras is, am I looking in the rite direction? Or should I be looking somewhere else?

I'm trying to get away from the problem of a picture looking great on the camera but not so good on the computer.