Calling all Miracle grow users!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doom3crazy, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I think a lot of the bug problems you hear about with MG soil is because of how the places that sell it store it. Every Home Depot and Lowes I have been to keeps their potting soil in the outdoor gardening section, where the bugs have better access and the bags are exposed to rain and sun. I had a decent grow with MG soil but I was fighting fungus gnats throughout the whole grow. I came to find out that you can heat the soil in your oven to kill off the bad critters but it is a pain and is not pleasant smelling.

I eventually found a hydro store within an hour's drive of me that keeps all of their growing mediums indoors and I have never had a bug problem with their products.

So the point I am trying to make is that if you are concerned about bugs, you could have the same problem with FFOF if the place you buy it from stores it outdoors.

2. the home depot that supplied me with my miracle gro had indoor dirt and outdoor dirt the indoor was kept high off the ground just right around the corner from the garden entrance just look for that stuff.
    also i haven't had any problems with bugs from my soil ;)

3. Miracle grow uses time release nutrients. hence you have little to no control over how much your plant gets and when. Can you do it, sure. Is it the best idea, hell no.
    And I speak from experience

4. the time release is most likely based on how much water the soil gets, not literally on time itself, so if i flush everytime i water i would most likely get the max out of the soil would i not?

5. I would start by flushing the hell out of it. You are correct, it's based on moisture absorption rate. So if you flush it very very well and allow it to dry in between BEFORE you use it you will be much better off. After you've already planted you'll want to flush them asap and with lots of water.

6. ebay son. ur buying ferts for plants it aint gonna cause no alarm.

7. Why guess and sit in angst waiting and wondering when the nutes are going to burn your stuff?? Do it right from the beginning is what I say ;) I mean, we're talking about a difference of $10? $12? Is that sawbuck worth all this? Not to me

8. agreed 100% think about it.... if ur just gonna half ass it and harvest bunk smoke or pathetically low yields why waste ur time/money/ possible freedom when you can just go buy a bag of dirt for pennies from the dealer down the street.

9. so what if I did half and half. Like half MG with time release nutes and then some MG without nutes? Wont that cut back on the nutes delieverd to the plant since its half n half?

10. 1st Grow- Using MG Potting Soil :hello:

:devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious::devious: 3 CFL'S- 1- 300 W, 2 X 150= 600 W
    2 BANGIN BAG SEEDS TILL I GET MY OTHERS ROLLING
    2 OUT OF 4 WERE FEMALES
    BOUT 68 DAYS OLD
    FED THE GIRLS 1X MG BLOOM (DON'T SUGGEST)
    SHOWING WHITE PISTOLS AND RED HAIRS, TOPPED ONE OF THE
    TWO ( FOR EXPERIENCE ) SHOWING 3 COLA'S ? "BLANCH"
    WILL GET BETTER PICS UP>>> COUPLE CRAPPY CELL PHONE PICS.
    8" PC FAN AND SOME ALUMINUM FOIL

FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ABOUT MY MG EXPERIENCE THUS FAR !

"PEACE"

Attached Files:

11. well ill just see how it turns out :]

12. Gnats gnats gnats!!!!

13. You're right, you can't get it at either of those stores. I used that Seed starting mix and my plants were weak as hell. I transplanted into FF Happy frog and they got happy. I know it's hard to believe but the soil makes a HUGE difference.
    I have used MG organic but there were gnats in the soil and they were a bitch to get rid of. If you're growing outside, I think the MG organic will be fine as long as you mix in some perlite and vermiculite.

Good luck!
    Have faith!

:D:D:D:D

14. mustve never heard of the magic of co2:rolleyes:

15. UPDATE MAY 6 2010

75 DAYS OLD -

USING MG AND FED ONLY ONE TIME, STARTING TO BUD NOW!:hello::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::eek::):):):):):):):):):):)

Attached Files:

16. i used miracle grow organic potting soil and it nutrient burned my plant

17. #37 Kerbob16, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
    Growing with mg soil is possible but its cheap and can easily cause problems such as root rott. Its also known to attract bugs and insects to your grow room. My first 3 attempts at growing failed partially due to using mg soil. It definetly has horrible drainage theres no argueing about that. So if you over water even slightly it can cause root rott. Its just anoying and theres soil thats like 5 bucks that grows your plants way better than mg so its an obvious choice.

Also, mg soil has slow release nutrient pellets and every time you water the soil it feeds your plants. Which is unessesary at early stages of the plants life and will most of the time cause nute burn.

18. I've used the stuff, and I read somewhere a tip about flushing- flush within 24 hours of harvest... Supposedly it helps because although it can't flush the time release nutrients out, it can at least give the plants a chance to suck a bunch of mostly fresh water into the stems etc to minimize the bad taste.

I agree that the time release ferts are mostly the problem with mg soil. Some folks say it's "too hot" and gives roots nutrient burn/lockout and kills plants. This has not been my experience. Also, someone else noted a problem with howw the finished product burned- I too thought it kinda burned down to a funny colored ash, tasted funny, and wouldn't stay lit well no matter how dry it was. It DID get me fried... I only used it on my first couple of grows though so who knows if the soil was entirely to blame- I was probably doing a poor job at meeting several of the plants needs at that time...

19. miracle grow moisture control. nothin more, nothing less, jus some distilled water a couple times a week.

about 4 weeks flowein

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...3753-female-hermie-plz-dscf1645-1024x768-.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...3753-female-hermie-plz-dscf1646-1024x768-.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...3753-female-hermie-plz-dscf1648-1024x768-.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...3753-female-hermie-plz-dscf1655-1024x768-.jpg

sorry about the links. it wouldnt let me post pics i already had in a thread :( these pics were from a couple days ago