Calling all growers!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Ganja Guru, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Ok, so today while spreading my blood meal, bone meal and potash I got to thinking:

For years blood and bone meal have been considered organic sources of nutrients(Mainly N and P) But follow me here...

Blood and bone meal are either the dried blood or crushed bones of cows from slaughter houses. Now, this seems organic enough but we are forgeting about all of the steroids, antibiotics, hormones, and "WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE" is put into our live stock here in America! I mean, this hardly seems like a natural thing to be putting into our plants (NOT JUST POT) and then consuming. I may have stumbled onto something here.:confused:

2. thats true.... hmmm

3. I think that's why they steam them to remove any impurities such as steroids etc.

4. Surrrrrrrre. The "steam"...:rolleyes:

Who knows if that process really gets all those nasties that the "Elite" put in there?

5. From Lumperdawgz:

He uses "seed meal (equal parts of canola, cottonseed, flaxseed and alfalfa) to replace the bloodmeal ('N') and organic fish bone meal (4-20-0) to replace the bonemeal".

6. Good job we´re not all in America then.

7. The intentions of the banking elite spread wide and far Cantharis.

8. So like, how high were you when you thought of that? ;) It really does make sense, all parts of the body absorb what is fed. I wonder if that's why my plants look like they're working out? LOL!

9. As per the wisdom of Lumperdawgz that Corto has quoted above, I discontinued using blood and bone in my hole prep a couple of months ago. This has also led to me no longer eating ground beef. I still dig intoa good ribeye about once a week, but the processed stuff is off the menu for me.

10. You aint stumbled on shit blood. Excuse the pun.:) That going too motherfucking far man. Youre obviously vegan? If not, then fuck sakes! Why not do little dances round the plants and sing old celtic songs of times way back when where folk at stonhenge would live on grass and recycle each others shit to grow mushrooms on.

Your going a bit too far.

11. #11 Ganja Guru, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009

I DO dance around my plants. lol . and Nope, no vegan here, just offering up sound logic for people like you.;) Blood...

12. Thankyou, FRIEND. I'm glad you took the satire and the joke. I meant no bad vibes brother. I just fucking love Canada. You guys are so cool over there and your way in front on the ganja scene. Holland has stepped aside.

Peace check my pics in my gallery

13. Anyone else willing to share their thoughts on this blood/bone meal thing?

14. good point .....unless its a organic animal then its not organic bone meal or bloodmeal.
    steam is just to sterilise it in case of pathogens its just the heat source they use and dosent remove anything.If it did it would surely remove the nutrients in it and then whats the point.

15. #15 patriofarmer, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    Used bone meal one year felt like I was speading ashes when using it and creeps me out seeing it still in soil years later in an indian burial ground way. This stuff is slaughterhouse waste the hot dog companies pass on. I really had some great success with the dried blood, but lately using castings and guanos as they provide a wider spectrum than the usual 40+N in the blood. Strange I choose shit over blood, but from karma point of view I figure at least the birds enjoyed making it, those cows sure didn't. This helps me sleep at night, as well as a nice dinner made from the other parts of the cow.

16. See? Even more organic feeling than I was going for! Good point PF!:p

17. I would worry more about mad cow disease than anything using any blood meal products,bovine IIRC had some issues with that.

There are other replacements like fish and kelp meals which wont have those garbage ingredients.;)

18. I read about that as well. Again that is why they steam the bones first....but anyway steamed or not steamed...ya know? I use fish and kelp, dont get me wrong, but I've always used bone and blood and something had me thinking about stuff as I was amending the ole garden....perhaps it was the Durban Bubble!!!!:smoking: Which by the way, is GREAT...

19. I am sorta fresh, a few months cramming, to the whole organic soil, but I have learned that I dont have to look much farther than guano for the answer to life. It rocks in ways they still cant duplicate.