California Supreme Court Decision Regarding Dispensaries

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by MrFooey, Jul 16, 2013.

1. A couple months back the California Supreme Court decided that counties and municipalities
    could ban medical marijuana dispensaries.
    Since then it's my understanding that 85% of the state has done just that.
    In the area that I live, 2 months ago there was probably 30-40 dispensaries operating in the 
    High Desert. Adelanto, Victorville, Apple Valley, Hesperia, Phelan, and Oak Hills. 
    In those 6 towns there are now 3 store front dispensaries that I am aware of. 
    There are still a quite a few delivery services around but they all have a $40.00
    minimum donation.
    $40.00 is a shit ton of money for me right now. I medicate for arthritis and insomnia.
     My wife medicates for depression, anxiety, arthritis pain and menopausal symptoms
    from ovarian cancer. She's a survivor, 6 years cancer free!!
     This is truly a miracle drug. It works. Just a couple hits and we're all good. Instantly!!
    So here are my questions:
    What right do they have to make it harder for me to get my medicine?
    Why when you ask the "informed professionals" that work at the dispensaries, What's going on;
    they say they don't know what you are talking about.?
    How has this decision affected other medical marijuana patients in this
    great, progressive and forward thinking state?
    Just sayin'..... Jim 

2. Come to Nor Cal clubs are still thriving out hereim in Lake county and there is 3 inmy small town. Alone.

3. Probably, because they were hired off the street for min. wage. I think it's a shame that they dont know the medicinal qualities of cannabis. They don't even know anything about genetics. They know very little. Being a veretran smoker, I don't ask them nothing, because I learned already from the internet (duh!). Many loopholes in the industry. It's a shame.

4. If you can't afford $40 on weed have you considered moving out of California? 

5. eights are 20 here hes getting ripped off.

6. I give most my meds away for free though.

7. Lake county is absolutely beautiful, If I could I would move back up to norcal. I used to live in Fortuna and Rio Dell.
    So RichardDean mail me some haha. 5 year plan is to move back up north after the last kid moves out and I'm back to
    some financial stability. I'm a finish carpenter with 35 years in construction industry. The economic situation hasn't 
    been too kind to my trade and I'm too old to get back into the production line. 8ths around here are about 20.00 
    also but it's either a 1/2 hour drive or spend 40.00.... @ Old School Smoker, too true. I'm tired of dealing with kids.
    How old is old school? Do you remember scoring a "lid" of real columbian gold for $50.00? Four fingers across the
     bag or no deal man. I do.... Jim

8. The dispensary thing has pretty much dried up here in Orange County.

In a way I don't blame the cities though.
    The dispensaries killed themselves by being greedy.
    At one point there were at least 25 in a 2 mile radius of my house.

Patients deserve and need at least a few dispensaries.
    The state needs to figure this out so cities can't just arbitrarily decide if their in or out. 

9. I guess I would try the park if I couldn't afford the dispensary or the bar or you could probably find some in the cloak room of the state legislature but they are probably even higher priced than the dispensaries.

10. Look on Craigslist. As long as you meet at a public place you should be good.

You can't buy from them but they can "donate" the weed to you, and in turn you can pay for what it cost them to produce the mess.

Good luck.

11. What's the downside of the dispensaries being greedy?  The more choices the lower the price. So what if there were 25 dispensaries in a 2 mile radius of your house? You say that as if it were a bad thing.  If the Man would stay out of it then the good ones would survive and the crap would get flushed away.

12. The down side is that they are everywhere, or were. All the conservative jackoffs that we put into office popped that bubble as a result. 
    But you're right though. The prices have gone up...

13. $360 oz at dispensaries, $240 off of Craigslist - fuck the dispensaries.

Like <span>MrFooey</span> said there were too many, and now there are none.
    The proliferation raised a lot of red flags for non patients and politicians and this is the result.

Lower prices? I don't know where you live but the prices here have been set at $35 - $40 an eighth for top shelf for the last 5 years or so. The compassion is gone (if there ever was any) at the dispensaries around here.

Personally I don't care how many are open. I love MJ. Been using it for almost 50 years now and don't plan on stopping.

15. #15 Sgtstadanko707, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    240 off of CL. Fuck that. But yes fuck the dispensaries. I got my card went to a coop got some clones and some nugs. Went a few times till my first harvest and have never been back to one since. That was over 5 years ago. Who pays for weed if you can grow you own as a med patient.

16. There's still tons in LA at least