California Medical Assn. calls for legalization of marijuana (BIG)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by LegalizeIt11, Oct 16, 2011.

1. #2 Mogwai, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    I'd love to see this. What an epic way to say "okay, you know what feds? FUCK YOU" Keep your integrity California! Granted I know it's physicians suggesting this.. I just know that I was California and some motherfuckers came into me and started saying "look, fuck your laws, here's what is gonna happen" that legalization would be my way of telling them to fuck themselves

2. #3 SasquatchDoobie, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    Absolutely wonderful! If you have common sense, who are you going to trust:

1. A medical association full of doctors with years and years of health education
    OR
    2. The law enforcement, who was angered by the announcement (especially after this: Stephen Anderson, Ex NYPD Cop: We Planted Evidence, Framed Innocent People To Reach Quotas)?

Hopefully this is a large stepping stone towards California legalizing cannabis in 2012 and many more states (come on Illinois!) following suit!

EDIT: Just read the whole story the OP posted and this caught my eye: "I wonder what they're smoking," said John Lovell, spokesman for the California Police Chiefs Assn. "Given everything that we know about the physiological impacts of marijuana — how it affects young brains, the number of accidents associated with driving under the influence — it's just an unbelievably irresponsible position."

1. Legalization and regulation would decrease the amount of young people who can get their hands on marijuana!

2. PLEASE tell us how many driving accidents are associated with marijuana use, then tell us how many are caused by alcohol. If this is part of your argument, you should be campaigning to make alcohol illegal also.

I'm SO TIRED of all of this disinformation. Why can't our society be guided by facts, science and data rather than hysteria, lies and propaganda?

3. Of course the police are against it- it directly affects their budgets, especially narcotics divisions.

It's also one less pretext they have to unnecessarily harass and interrogate teens, minorities, and low-income families.

4. yeah, hard to have a narcotics division when your #1 seized drug is legalized.

5. Why don't people ever get called out and made to answer for stupid crap like this. A bunch of doctors say it has medical value....... but yeah lets ignore that and roll with what this john lovell says, he probably has read a report or two on it.

6. I'm all about free speech, but part of me wants these stupid cops to just SHUT UP! Obviously they're just bitter because they cant smoke it. Also, there are lots of cops who roll their eyes when it comes to the issue of marijuana. They think all this anti-marijuana stuff is stupid and a waste of time and money. You wont hear their opinions, though. They would probably lose their job if they spoke in favor of it.

7. :hello:Right on!!!:D;)

8. God damn, that is some fantastic news.

9. Going to be hard for the politicians to argue against this group.

10. HA watch them.
    God himself could come down from the sky, engulfed in weed smoke, eyes all red, blunt in hand, and those fuckers would side with the pharmaceutical companies.

11. Well, the doctors in favor of legalization were very wishy washy about it.

Even they stated that they saw little medical value to cannabis, however,
    making it legal or rescheduling it would atleast allow proper scientific
    testing of this drug to properly determine what the negative and
    positive consequences are of both medicinal and recreational use.

There needs to be more true scientific experimentation of cannabis.

The federal govt needs to allow for this research.

Without good, solid research on cannabis, it is very difficult to
    definitively speak of either the positive or negative aspects of
    cannabis use.

I doubt the doctors supporting legalization here will have much impact.

Noone is going to legalize it if even the doctors endorsing legalization
    do not argue that cannabis has medical value.

12. Hell, if you guys read the article, the California Medical Association
    who is endorsing the legalization went on to admit that in terms
    of actual medicinal value of pot. It is mostly a "folk remedy" they claimed.

Which means they see little to no value of medicinal pot.

However, they seem to want it legalize simply so more research can
    be done on it. They also think legalization would help with legal concerns
    for doctors and users.

Legalizing a drug simply to allow proper research on it is irresponsible in
    my opinion.

The govt needs to allow true research on this drug so the public can
    finally have real knowledge as to its properties and how it really
    affects individuals.

13. People tasked with the enforcement of the Law should have ABSOLUTELY no influence upon initiatives that affect the Law. The conflict of interest should be obvious to any 3rd grade student who has had a basic government class.

[​IMG]

14. ""I wonder what they're smoking," said John Lovell, spokesman for the California Police Chiefs Assn. "Given everything that we know about the physiological impacts of marijuana — how it affects young brains, the number of accidents associated with driving under the influence — it's just an unbelievably irresponsible position.""

As opposed to alcohol? Fucking idiots, man.....

15. #16 NefariousBredd, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
    I love how a spokesman for the Police - not even a real cop - knows more about marijuana than the doctors who research it.

He must have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express or something.

BUT WAIT!! Is he really a "spokesman"? Says right here that he's a lobbiest:

http://totalcapitol.com/?people_id=2222

What the fuck is he smoking? A lobbiest that thinks we'll trust his professional opinion... christ.

http://www.johnlovell.com/

This should be unconstitutional.

16. well to some extent they're right. it needs to be legalized so we can the true positive and negative impact of the drug. It shouldnt have been banned because of how bad it is for u anyways, that should be the individuals choice.

17. LOL thats some funny shit......but true