California gun laws

Discussion in 'General' started by beny08, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Me and my friends were just having this convo today about how california and there BS laws on guns and how the fuck do they get away with not letting people open carry a gun when its in the constitution The right to bear arms! How do they get away with these stupid laws?

2. Because the constitution doesn't mean shit to the government anymore. That's how.

3. Hey check out Illinois gun laws, you think you have it bad? Try waiting 3 months for a FOID card, Firearms Operator Identification Card, sound like a load of bs? Well it is, costs the people of Illinois $25 or $50 just for the card, the card allows you to buy any firearm, to buy ammunition, and to shoot at any range. Does this state id work for anything else? Nope, you cannot give this to the checkout girl at the grocery store to buy alcohol, however it is technically a state id, that has your birthdate, AND your address on the thing...WITH A PICTURE. You also cannot carry a concealed weapon AT ALL, you also can not apply for a class 3 license. So no silencers, or automatic weapons. Every Illinois county has a different law, so in one county I'm allowed to have a clip that carries 19 rounds, but it's illegal to have a clip that carries more than 13 rounds in another county. Also when driving with the weapon, if you get pulled over in one county you may be breaking the law from the previous county you were in...does any of this make sense because it didn't to me. Since that dark time I've moved to another state and do whatever the fuck I want.

4. [quote name='"TheElcinator"']Because the constitution doesn't mean shit to the government anymore. That's how.[/quote]

Exactly. Government here gives not one fuck about people.

5. Yeah, that's really my only gripe with Cali...