California Earthquake 8-7-12

Discussion in 'General' started by Henry Krinkle, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Hm...not sure if I felt it or not. There's been three in the last 24 hours of 4+ too.

Earthquakes

Great site.

2. Yet another reason Cali sucks

3. Imagine standing on something...and having it shake a little bit, that's all it is. Nothing too scary.

4. Didn't feel anything down here in San Diego. Maybe i was sleeping tho. what time did this earthquake happen?

5. Just felt another one about 20 seconds ago. Nice quick jolt

6. 4.4 in LA county.

7. So i was ripping a bowl right now out of the stemline when in the middle of my rip the ground starts to shake lol Wicked

8. haha what's cracking Toi...

9. Chilling homie! Ey its good to see your still doing your thing.

But yup that shit was nuts. First bong rip during an earthquake for me. It prolly wont be the last either haha. Stay up on your side of town compa.

10. Fuck I wish I didn't stumble on this https://twitter.com/Quakeprediction
    Supposedly a 6.1 will be hitting us in the next 4-5 days. Some of these predictions have been spot on in the past, but it's a rare occasion. Hope this one is wrong.

11. Good looking out kush!!! Im strapping my glass in and getting ready for this one just in case.

12. Cant say I miss earthquakes...
    ---
    A series of aftershocks rattled Southern California after two earthquakes — a 4.4-magnitude shaker followed immediately by a 2.7 — struck near Yorba Linda late Tuesday night, but authorities said there were no reports of major damage or injuries.

The first earthquake hit around Yorba Linda at 11:23 p.m.; the second — upgraded from an initial magnitude of 2.2 — followed about a minute later, according to data from the U.S. Geological Survey. About a dozen aftershocks ranging from magnitudes of 1.2 to 2.2 rumbled the same area until about 3 a.m. Wednesday.

The initial quakes prompted alert operations by the Los Angeles Fire Department and Orange County Fire Authority. Neither agency found damage in preliminary checks and lifted their emergency operations after midnight.

Aftershocks rumble Southern California after 4.4 earthquake - latimes.com

13. Earquakes must be scary. Im in florida, so all we get is hurricanes or the occasional tornado.

The thought of the earth below me shaking voilently, then ripping apart exposing a huge crevice that goes down to hell, then all the evil minions from Spawn crawl out of the crevice...

Scary shit man

14. I think i'll take a M6 earthquake over a tornado any day. Now a M8+ earthquake would be hellish.

15. eeeeek! I felt a tiny one after the one earlier... I wonder what a 6.1 would feel like?

16. a 6.1 would be a pretty good shake. Shit would mostly start falling off the shelves(depending on the type of earthquake). The 6.4 back in 1994 was gruesome. I remember waking up and seeing those plastic windows blinds going nuts. Not just swaying gently, but literally swinging in full force. Strangely enough, nothing but one picture fell off a night stand that night. We had aftershocks every few days for about a year after the big one.

17. That's why I'm glad I'm in oregon we have no natural disasters

18. Ohh shit that sounds intense I can only imagine the sound of it eeek D=

19. Are you all prepared for "the big one" we are over due for?