Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

California Bound Once Again

Discussion in 'General' started by sky_high, Jan 21, 2014.

1. After many months of discontent -- including a job that I hate, seeing my friends disappear after getting married way too early, and just being in a general rut/stand-still -- I've decided to take myself back to California and experience as much as I possibly can. Who knows if I've every come back.

A little background about myself: I'm a 24 year old male from the midwest....college grad, love to travel, creative personality, and of course...have a passion for cannabis. After graduating nearly three years ago, I assumed the world would be much kinder to me. I thought if you got a degree, you'd be handed a job of your liking within a few months and your life would begin! Holy shit, was I wrong. I've bounced around from job to job, none of which I've liked. It's been a personal struggle, no doubt. I did, however, spend a few months working a temp job in beautiful South Lake Tahoe. There I met many like-minded people who taught me that you really don't need to live the life society seems to force on us (Graduate college, meet your future wife in said college, get a 9-5, get married, and waste away). It's not for me, and never will be.

So here I am going on another adventure. I know there are a ton of intelligent Californians here on GC, and I'd like to ask of anything and everything that I NEED to see while I'm out there. I leave in a week. I'll be spending much of my time in the San Jose/San Fransisco area, but also plan on heading down south. (I'm blessed to have places to stay all throughout the state, so housing/transportation isn't an issue) This is a very open-ended thread. Any reccomendations are welcome and encouraged.

-Off the beaten path locations I should see
    -Best hiking spots/beaches/outdoorsy areas (Love the outdoors)
    -Bars, clubs, restaurants, tourist spots
    -Cannabis Culture
    -Must-try strains
    -Fishing spots

Anything! Again, I'll mostly be stationed in the Bay area, but I'll be travelling all over. I've been doing tons of research, but I always love hearing the opinion of fellow Blades.

Ps. I've got some Yogi Diesel and Hazy Kush waiting for me on arrivial. Never tried either, but I'm very excited. The best strain I've ever tried in my life was in Tahoe -- Silver Haze -- sent me to the damn moon. Much appreciated! Keep toking, my friends.

2. Hey man, I'm born and raised in the east bay... I'll have more time tomorrow to chat but pm me if you have any specific questions.. As far as what you asked about, how far are you willing to travel for hiking/fishing/beaches etc. or are you looking for that stuff just in the Bay Area?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. No doubt man, I'll hit you up. I'm open to anywhere really. Preferably the bay area/northern Cali. I'm most familiar with freshwater fishing, but saltwater would be amazing too. As for hiking/beaches -- anywhere in the state really. I've got unlimited time and access to a car. Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Ocean Beach, California :smoking:Can't tell you how many random people I've smoked with there. I remember passing joints in front of hodads.

5. this sounds like a dating website profile

6. message me if you wanna know whats good in the OC/LA area

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. [quote name="sapien" post="19379950" timestamp="1390316785"]this sounds like a dating website profile[/quote]Hahah. Reading it over again, it kinda does. Luckily that part of my life is taken care of. Its everything else that I'm trying to figure out.Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. You'll get it OP. And good luck too you. I too need a change. My wife and I are talking about moving to Colorado later this year. We need a change of pace, and I'm looking forward to moving to a state that isn't so packed with polarized armchair political pundits trying to force me to live up to standards they can't seem to apply to themselves.

9. [quote name="fearjar" post="19381940" timestamp="1390342499"]You'll get it OP. And good luck too you. I too need a change. My wife and I are talking about moving to Colorado later this year. We need a change of pace, and I'm looking forward to moving to a state that isn't so packed with polarized armchair political pundits trying to force me to live up to standards they can't seem to apply to themselves.[/quote]Thanks. And good luck to you as well. Colorado sounds like the perfect change of pace. I've heard nothing but good things from friends that live there.