California bill on "impaired" drivers

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by LGLIZE, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Saw this in an email from NORML today:

Stop California's Unscientific and Unnecessary Drugged Driving Law

If this passes were all fucked, lol.

Its just amazing how peope try soooo hard to keep marijuana illegal when they don't have any correct facts about it and base their "facts" on false info and stereotypes. Why try to keep something illegal if when legalized it has only positive benifits?

2. I cool with it as long as anyone caught with ANY amount of alcohol in them is included in this.

3. [quote name='"xdog"']I cool with it as long as anyone caught with ANY amount of alcohol in them is included in this.[/quote]

This law would basically be saying "you can only drive a motor vehicle 30 days after the last time you used cannabis."

It just pisses me off because shit like this is exactly why it's taking sooooo long to legalize. Just another step in the wrong direction.......

4. Does the Implied consent law apply to weed as well? Like if I get pulled over do they need probable cause to test me or can they test anyone they want?

5. [quote name='"nativetongues"']Does the Implied consent law apply to weed as well? Like if I get pulled over do they need probable cause to test me or can they test anyone they want?[/quote]

99% chance is that they treat it exactly like alcohol.

Which is another thing that pisses me off. Why treat pot like alc? Nothing alike in any way.

6. They already have this in most states. I can get pulled over 2 days after smoking in IL and technically get a DWI if I had to take a piss test.

Definitely sucks, and the way these elections are going, not gonna get any better.

7. If you don't drive wreckless, out your lane, or give a police a reason to drug test you i don't see a problem....

8. #8 LGLIZE, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    [quote name='"runthistown18"']If you don't drive wreckless, out your lane, or give a police a reason to drug test you i don't see a problem....[/quote]

It's just the fact that any cannibiniods found in your system can get you a DUI even if your aren't high. Just unnecessary laws.

9. unless your caught red eyed at a DUI roadblock.

"your Honor, the suspects eyes seemed redder than what would be considered ........bla bla bla so requesting testing seemed reasonable."

10. @magoo-lolololol! Thanks for putting a laugh in me so early in the morning!
    Visine sales will soar....

11. You Californian guys have it good, dispensaries, growers, good prices, no DWI, etc.

Here in IL (and most other states), we can still get popped for half a gram, so for us, this doesn't sound that bad. Think of who's going to be our next president, either Obama who's cracking down on dispensaries, or Romney who beleives synthetic medicines work better than MMJ.

I hate to say it, but I have a feeling MMJ is gonna start going the wrong way in the next 5 years, especially in CA.

12. [quote name='"MR_"']You Californian guys have it good, dispensaries, growers, good prices, no DWI, etc.

Here in IL (and most other states), we can still get popped for half a gram, so for us, this doesn't sound that bad. Think of who's going to be our next president, either Obama who's cracking down on dispensaries, or Romney who beleives synthetic medicines work better than MMJ.

I hate to say it, but I have a feeling MMJ is gonna start going the wrong way in the next 5 years, especially in CA.[/quote]
    I think people are still misunderstanding this. Passage of this bill would technically mean you can't drive untill you pass a piss test. Which is an average of 3-4 weeks for most people.

13. This bill was introduced by Assemblywoman Norma Torres (D-Pomona):

(emphasis added)

Marijuana Sobriety Checkpoints: New Legislation to Outlaw Driving While Stoned - San Francisco News - The Snitch

So she is running for re-election and is receiving significant campaign contributions from law enforcement groups and alcoholic beverage companies (also tribal communities, which were openly opposed to Prop 19).

Once again...follow the money and you will find a prohibitionist with their hand out.

14. Politicians are crooks, expect such behavior.

15. You're probably right. People been talking about legalization for years and here it is 2012.......Still not legal, Not even in 1 state.

16. I'm just saying goose and gander man. If a no-tolerance booze law was brought up, it would never pass.

17. [quote name='"xdog"']
    I'm just saying goose and gander man. If a no-tolerance booze law was brought up, it would never pass.[/quote]

A bill like that for alcohol wouldnt pass because alcohol is already legal, therefore it is socially acceptable for the most part. So of course no one will vote to make alcohol laws more strict. All the people against legalization would obviously vote to restrict pot more. Especially the "driving" part because people who don't smoke just don't know, lol

18. oh my it's election time, I know, I'll write a get tough on pot bill, yea that's the ticket.