California bill introduced to legalize

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Madrid, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I didn't read through this whole trhead so sorry if someone already said...

There is already a ballot initiative in the works, they already have the neccesary signatures to put on the ballot (Nov. 2010) when it will be voted on. They are still collecting sigs. cuz they always try and get more than need just incase.

There is also a second ballot initiative that is less known about then the big one going on right now (Tax & Regulate Cannabis 2010). Either way, a ballot initiative has a better chance of passing than a bill does, because if i'm not mistaken in CA, the govenor has to sign the bill, just like the president would for a bill in federal government. Plus a bill is only voted on by the CA state congress and a ballot initiative is voted on directly by the people of CA.

Polls are already showing (and have been for a while) that more people in CA think weed SHOULD be legal than shouldn't. So I think it has a pretty good chance of passing. Also, it is written in such a way that any restrictions can only be removed rather than added easily. The only way to change it again would be by a new ballot initiative to reverse it. But the CA congress coudln't just come along and undo it.

2. ttp://www.elks.org/dap/dap275.cfm
    The smear campaign has already begun. Cops are handing these out.

3. Elks Drug Awareness Program

Director
    Kent Gade
    67597 550th St
    Griswold, IA 51535-6005
    (712)778-2159 (Home Telephone)
    kentgade@netins.net (Email)

Assistant Director
    Doug Mattenlee
    1267 Greenview Dr
    Camdenton, MO 65020-4324
    (573)873-3487 (Home Telephone)
    fmattenlee@hughes.net (Email)

Special Asst Director
    William J Bryan
    366 Vt Route 313 W
    Arlington, VT 05250-8941
    (802)375-6411 (Home Telephone)
    winkbryan@comcast.net (Email)

Let's call these people up.

4. there isn't enough facepalm in the world for that website... and stating that norml is in bed with drug dealers?

5. Thanks for the laughs.

6. wow lol...

3. Marijuana is a “gateway drug,” with those who use marijuana being more likely to go on to use other drugs.

I picked False-

Wrong. Of those who use marijuana 3 to 10 times, 20% go on to use cocaine. Of those who use marijuana 100 times or more, 75% go on to use cocaine. (Learn more)

where do they get there statistics from?

7. Those stats are absolutely retarded. There is no correlation to people using weed and using coke (the only factor is that it's easier to obtain but only because weed is illegal). Its like saying 100% of the people that drink milk go on to drink alcohol. There is no correlation what so ever.. :rolleyes:

8. They already got enough signatures for the ballot in November 2010. Even if this doesn't pass, it takes about 1 hour to get a medical card in California. Just go to a doctor known for giving out these cards, say you have cluster headaches and there you go, cheap ass weed. Dumbass' don't understand how easy it is to get the herb.

9. If this passes, I'm moving to California and starting a business lol

10. Well I'll be looking forward to see how it goes in November.