Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CALI medical smokers..how do you open a dispensary

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kgarza, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. question? for the dispensaries that do run things appropriately and are non-profit... what happens to all the money that goes through those dispensaries? just curious.

2. While I don't see why it's any of your business, true non-profits must publish an accounting of their finances. Any "profit" would be returned to the business via improvements to the business, or paying the employees.

The couple of clubs that I know of that ARE non-profit aren't making any profit anyway, they're too heavily involved in the movement and too compassionate to make much dough. EVERYTHING goes back to the community or the club.

3. cool stuff thanks

4. After January 20th I have a feeling Obama will be reigning in the DEA. It might not be immediate but I feel the odds are pretty good that sometime before halfway through his first term the DEA will be seeing a drastic change in priorities. Think about how much money is spent raiding just one dispensary. You have paperwork which translates into lots of man-hours, gearing/training the SWAT team, disposal of the "substance" usually by incinerator(I wonder where that smoke goes :smoking:), and last, but definitely not least, you have tons of hours in court and in America that means lots of cash. If Obama doesn't see this as a waste of tax-payer dollars this country is doomed.

5. ^not to mention the number of non-violent "criminals" they put away each year just for smoking a little bit of marijuana

6. Wow.... I havn't been on here forever. but now i'm revisiting the idea of opening a dispensary.

This is a very foggy topic. they say that technically you're supposed to be a non profit organization, but what is non profit? I mean you have to make some money. If you take out a buisiness loan and hire employees, not to mention running a business (at least in the beginning) takes up as much time if not more than a 9-5 job. So you have to be able to make a profit to pay back the loan, to make a living right?

Also, think about any other medical doctor, or dentist, a majority of them become a doctor or dentist, to help people, but that doesn't mean they want to give up there 250k/year salary.

So ceartainly opening a medical marijuana dispensary, you should be able to not only help people get there meds, fight for the cause, and still make a living.

I was just reading an article last week about this vary topic. A dispensary ( i think in oakland or the bay area) was either getting hassled or got a full on raid by the dea, and they had a link to write an email to the whitehouse. They wanted people to write the whitehouse and complain because this "rogue" dea agent, messed with this dispensary even know OBAMA said he DISAPPROVES of using government funds to raid medical marijuana dispensaries.

7. All you guys are way off... you need to talk to a lawyer or take some classes at Cannabis Career Institute:wave:

8. I've opened up many dispensaries in my life. It's not too hard you just have to stick to your guns when the city tries to bother you. I have found ways to try to make sure you don't get "too noticed"

As far as non-profit laws go, any profit the non-profit recieves must go into the non profit or it can donate any of the money to another non-profit.

The Term Non-Profit isn't what its made out to be, first off EVERY NON-PROFIT makes money its just how you distribute the money. EX: CEO of RED CROSS is the highest paid CEO in a Non-Profit at about $1,000,000 plus car expenses the company pays etc.

So If your a active member of a Non-Profit or a employee, you can be paid any sort of salary. The Key is at the end of the year you wan't to make it look like there wasn't that much profit after expenses.

Again I've Setup Many Dispensaries in California, and all I can say is Screw Lawyers. They are only looking out for their backs. Only use lawyers if the city/county is having a issue with you otherwise don't waste your money or your time.

If you have questions for me you can email me at sridir@gmail.com

9. GC no longer allows the discussion of opening a dispensary. Expect this to be closed shortly.

10. Why isn't GC opened to this discussion? Isn't this a forum? Forums like this were made to speak your mind and to recieve answers.

11. Because on a federal level it is still considered trafficking and trafficking discussions are not allowed. As well, it always slides into selling weed to dispensaries (discussions on selling weed to anyone is against the rules) and the final nail in the coffin is because the owner and the forum administrator say it's not allowed. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.