Calcium problem?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Test_Dummy, May 23, 2015.

1. I'm growing using TLO, revs soil mix and RO water.
    I believe this to be a Calcium problem. I haven't had to add additional source of calcium to my soil in the past, but this is a new strain and is exhibiting problems. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432343800.392522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Nay on the Ca.

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. Saw this coming...

The point of my Joint.

4. #4 Test_Dummy, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
    Also from time to time use 200x aloe and coconut water. And silica blast.

But these babies haven't had much tea yet or anything, just in a recycled TLO ad mended soil.
    And that pic is a Ft Collins Cough, but my Blue God clone is showing signs too.

My second guess would be a potassium deficiency. One leaf tips is beginning to curl down. - what I've read describes a potassium problem, along with the visuals.

The point of my Joint.

5. You could be right on the K deficit, problem is, ph has to fall below 6 for K to begin slipping in nutrient uptake, and doesn't get locked out until falling to around 5.5 which doesn't seem to be your case (?). So I'm guessing it might be from lack thereof. If you could pull a sample from around 3/4 inches up from the bottom of your medium and test the ph with distilled water you'll get a more accurate reading. Best accomplished with a dry root system if you lift the plant from her pot, if no you can cut three small slits and retrieve a few teaspoons and test. It may simply be from lack thereof ... right now, it's difficult to ascertain.

6. Thanks mmman. I'll pull a soil sample and get back to you with the results.

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432427290.966390.jpg

Coming from-
    The point of my Joint.

8. Your situation seems a bit confusing, honestly ... the girls looks almost like she getting enough N but the pic seems to express a plant that has a ph a bit low and possibly lacking in nutrient uptake of K. Now, you show me a pic of a plant with a substrate ph of 6.8. If anything it would be slipping minutely in Fe and Mn.

With EWC pushing toward the neutral zone and a ph of 6.8, with minimal damage I'd say steady as she goes. Your plant looks rather well in spite of the few spots. I'd move the lights much lower.

9. K thanks, I am confused too. I recalibrated my meter to dbl check but it's right on, maybe .05 low. But nothing crazy. I guess I'll just keep a close eye on them and start giving them some light teas. They really haven't had much yet. A really small amount of aloe water at one week old and last week some alfalfa SST.

Coming from-
    The point of my Joint.

10. So, it's been about a month and things have not improved.

Please help. Since recent posts I've flushed, ph was 6.8. I bought a new meter thinking my old one was messed up, which it was, but still was reading correctly.
    I've top dressed with glacial rock dust, a 0 10 0 guano and a tomato tone. Things seemed to improve slightly but last week were going from
    Bad to worse. What I don't understand is my flowering LSD s look great and they are in the same soil as these guys. Here are some updated pix
    Sorry about the hps,.,
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434865998.802736.jpg

Coming from-
    The point of my Joint.

Attached Files:

11. No

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum