Calcium or Phosphorus Def...not sure

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Frodotoez, Nov 19, 2011.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Coco Hydro
    What brand and type of soil? GH coco
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoor
    What strain? Home Grown Purple
    How old are the plants? 4 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? HPS 1000 Watt
    How far from the lights? 18 in
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? When they need it. Faucet
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? I fed yesterday and im running the Cyco Nutrients line
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 5.8 pH i dont own a PPM meter
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 75F 50%
    What size pots? 3 gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. no
    Any other pertinent info?

This showed up on monday this week i havent been able to fix it yet.

Attached Files:

2. I don't know what to say about that. I have a similar problem but mine is speckled more evenly thought the leaf. What strain is that. Looks beautiful
    Never mind. I just found it again. I often forget as I read when I am high.

3. Phos def. You knew it already

4. Mind if I post my pic and see if Sean can help me also. I can't start threads from my phone? Don't wanna be a thread jacker.

5. If you can hit the link on my signature. You can post it there. Btw a lot of def help as well as links to pages that'll help also.

6. you dont have any type of deficiency that can be cured with fertilizer. in fact, you have way too much of stuff.
    the burning on the leaf margins tell me they have too many nutrients, resulting in a salt toxicity. the extremley skinny green fan leaves also seem like excessive nitrogen.

flush your soil out immidiatley. you are experiencing a phosphorus deficiency because your soil is tied up with other salts. before adding more salt to your medium (phosphorus) (every nutrient/fertilizer is a salt), you should make sure your root zone is free of these toxicities. thus, a flush is imminent. if you like, you can use a small dose of H202 (20mL per gal of grocery store purchased peroxide), which helps leech out the salt quicker.