cal/mag question?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by irishboy, Nov 15, 2009.

1. i recently switched to a water filter system and noticed sine i am not using tap water that i am getting a cal/mag def because of the filter. i am bout to strat using molasses and was wondering if the cal/mag in the molasses will be used by my plants since it has alot in it? or do i have to use a cal/mag additive?
    anyone know if the molasses should do the trick and my plant would beable to use the cal/mag in it?

2. #2 HERB INSURGENT, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2009
    yes it will

unsulpered molasses works great i use it every grow for those reasons and more

go get some full flavored unsulpered molasses and add about 1-2 tbls per gallon of water
    i feed my girls some sweetness every week

3. i just got some of that full flavor the other day and feed them last night with 1tbs per gallon.

so this should help my cal/mag problem? i know it also helps fatten up my buds

4. Where can this molasses be baught? My plants are suffering from cal/mag deficiency and I need to fix it.

Can I get it at my local wal-mart?

5. you can get it at any grocey store and wall mart. in the syrup isle.
    i dont know yet if this will treat a cal/mad deff. i now the cal/mag plus at the hydro stores will

6. I have some cal/mag on the way, but this is my first grow....do I cut off the affected leaves? Or will they 'heal' a little? I read somewhere cutting leaves could shock the plant.