Cal Mag deficient?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by charliebabb, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Hi all, this is my first coco grow after switching over from soil. My plants are about a month old from seed. Everything seemed to be going well at first. Then I started noticing brown spots and yellowing in between the leaf veins, indicating possible cal-mag deficiency. So I increased my cal mag concentration to 2 ml/g. They are still showing signs of deficieny or sickness. Now, I even have one plant that is wilting and doesn’t look good. Any thoughts?

Nutrient regimen: All Cultured Solutions
    .5 ml/gallon of Veg A and B
    2 ml/gallon Cal-Mag
    .5 ml/gallon UC Roots

Reservoir PPM: 200

PH of 5.8-6.0 always
    I water twice a day, feed every time.

Note: coco was flushed thoroughly before planting.

Attached Files:

2. Did you buffer your coco

3. No I didn’t. Buffer it with what?

4. Damn. There’s so much information available and some people say to flush and buffer the soil, some say don’t. Definetly makes sense to buffer it with some Cal Mag right out the gate. I will be doing that next time. Thanks for the input. Any suggestions on reviving these sick deficient looking babes?

5. what type/brand of coco are you using? .5ml per gallon of nutrient solution seems pretty low. what ppm is the solution when you add to the coco? 200 ppm of res solution is low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree 200ppm is too low that's what I start my seeds with.

7. There certainly is alot of bad information out there. Follow the rules from the coco for cannabis site I linked above and you will be fine. Or Canna coco has a good site also.
    I've never seen a coco manufacturer or a coco specific site recommend anything but rinse and buffer your coco .

8. if you didn't buffer your coco you're going to need a lot of it during veg. id go with 1.5ml / litre. you should see an improvement with that.

also, add a shit-ton of perlite to your coco mix when you transplant. at least 30%. they have to breathe too

• Like Like x 1