Cal Mag def??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by badwaycafe369, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Hi folks!

Got 3 feminised El Niño that were grown from seed in canna terra, worked my way up to a 12 litre pot for each though could have went to a 18ltr I feel. The girls are taking water just about everyday (judged by weight). I am using a budbox with a 600w, 125 extract and a 100 intake, temps are 80f and 45 humidity , it's been 1 week exact since going 12/12

Nutes are :-

Super Thrive
    Cannazym
    Magne Cal (in hopes to fix)
    Bloom

Just looking for general feedback and if I have diagnosed this problem correctly. Also would like to say hello to everyone with much love from Bonnie Scotland x

Attached Files:

2. Apologies if the photos aren't too good guys, I can upload more tomorrow if you guys want?

3. are you using RO water? If so definitely Ca Mag deficient. i like the Botanicare cal mag cause it has some nitrogen in it which it looks like you could probably use a little off as well. hope it helps

4. stop using superthrive. dont listen to what people say. on the bottle it literally says it "Won World War II." any plant fertilizer (or whatever the fuck you want to call superthrive) that claims it won a world war should be avoided.

RO water may actually be your problem. it holds no buffering capacity, which results in extremely abnormal pH fluctuations.

5. What's the reasons for avoiding super thrive? Everyone I know uses it and has excellent results

I use tap water for feeding but tap water where I live is very clean

6. tap water is good.

superthrive contains NAA, a plant auxin that induces rooting. while VERY SMALL AMOUNTS of superthrive (like .25-.5mL per gallon) may be helpful in the early stages of the rooting process for clones, it has completely different effects on mature plants. applying superthrive applies plant hormones which are significant for certain stages of life the plant is in. the best example i can give you is that if you are a male, and i started injecting you with estrogen, you would be pretty fucked up :laughing: .

just lay off the superthrive and you should see some improvements. i completely phased that out of my cycles years ago in my experimentation periods, as i have absolutely no use for it whatsoever. it could be helpful if you are using a weak rooting hormone during the cloning process, however.

superthrive is officially labeled as a pesticide by the EPA and the sale of it is prohibited in Minnesota, Oregon, and Oklahoma.

7. Cool man, thanks!

I will cut out the super thrive starting tomorrow when I do the next watering, think I will just stick to using it for veg from now on.

Will also put up some more photos next week with the progress

8. Update!

She's a monster :-0

1 day into flowering (took so long to show pistils)

Attached Files:

9. pinch the top apical meristem off or else you will end up with one tall, stretchy stalk and ground-cover like growth for the bottom of your plant.

10. Yeah OSUB I agree that this is the best thing to do however my flatmates and "joint business partners" won't allow this to happen :-/

If I had my way I would snip her an ditch the other two as its awfully crowded at the moment! But I doubt that will happen so I will most likely have a lot on my hands over the next couple months :(

Anyway here's an update of some pics, got some showing my room

Attached Files:

11. Day 9 flowering :)

Been adding guano and the girl/mutant is loving it

Attached Files:

12. I bought some Superthrive 6 months ago at a local nursery in Oklahoma. Never heard it was banned and the nursery had several bottles of it. Maybe it is left over stock? Thanks for the heads up on it's use.