Cabinet Grow Size question

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SlowFloo, Oct 23, 2011.

1. So I'm planning on growing some tasty treats (Red Diesel) inside two unused cabinets in my house. One question I have is relating to the size of the cabinets and how to maximise the space (how many plants etc..). I do not own the house / cabinet so I won't be drilling any holes and such. All fixtures will be easily & quickly removed from the cabs.

The dimensions of the cabinets are as follows:

// BIG CAB
    Width: 45cm
    Height: 155cm
    Depth: 60cm

// SMALLER CAB
    Width: 45cm
    Height: 125cm
    Depth: 60cm

Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

2. Your going to have to make holes for fans and airflow

3. Thanks for the response frenchfries.

I'm going to remove the doors and make my own front for it.

4. Eh could possibly work, but you really want to have your intake and exhaust holes on opposite sides, so that the air is pulled across the grow area. So ideally you would have an intake at the bottom of the door, and the exhaust at the top of the back. If you had both holes on the front door, the air would just suck in the intake and straight up the door to the exhaust. If you wanted to do this though, I would add ducting from the exhaust that goes straight to the back of the cabinet. Then either angle it down 90 degrees or just leave clearance from the back wall. The angle would reduce your airflow though so you would have to experiment with what works best and what keeps temps down. This would make the air have to cross the grow room to the top back where the opening of the ducting is to escape through the exhaust. Just my thoughts. Good luck!

5. Amazing! Thank you. Will definitely be adding that duct. Any ideas on how many plants I can squeeze into the space? I ordered 5 red diesel seeds a few days ago but am thinking of possibly starting off with a few lowryder 2s instead.

6. It really depends on what type of grow you want to do. You could just do one plant in each side and make them big and bushy, or you could do 3 or 4 smaller ones. Or a whole bunch and do a SOG grow (though it doesn't sound like you have many seeds so probably not the way to go).

Also on the ducting, you're going to want to have some kind of shelf or brackets that it lays on. You want it to be able to move when you open the door (i.e. don't hang it using strings or something because you want it to move back and forth, a shelf that it just lays on would allow this, but just make sure the shelf allows air to flow up the back, so don't have it shoved against the back wall :) ).

7. Sweet thanks! I have a couple ideas for the ducts now. Just after putting in the new doors today :) (photo attached) I think i'm going to go with three plants in the big cab and two in the smaller one. I've ordered five lowryder 2 seeds, thermometer/humidity metre, two computer fans, two 100w 3400k and two 30w 2700k cfls. wehew! Will start a journal soooon.

Attached Files: