Bye bye Alt Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 16, 2017.

1. I'm not personally against it but sadly human rights organizations will put a stop to it. No nukes though as that defeats the purpose of restoring the environment. I say use some good ole slaughterhouses, that way we will also solve world hunger!

2. There's no lie Twisted, we just have a different opinion/approach to dealing with Nazi scum. :)

3. I've been meaning to read that haha.
    I'm probably gonna get off GC for now before I go on with rants and stuff but pop by the "metalheads unite" thread where I practically live. I'll be gone for a little while though since I'm going on tour with my band from tomorrow until early next week. Once I'm back though I'll be glad to talk about black metal!

4. Before you go, what's the name of your band? And do you have anything online I can listen to?

5. I can't really support that. I see the huge benefit of a vastly smaller population, but yeah.

We are a bit overdue for a world war though.

Also, this video is pretty cool.

6. if al gore is so worried why does he leave a bigger carbon footprint than most small towns?

7. I just saw behemoth and lamb of god a few weeks ago actually :)

8. so in other words, it has zero relation to the topic at hand, you are just trying to emotionally appeal to a certain audience.

9. We are called All Hell. I'll post some links to stuff haha. We have 3 albums at the moment and our latest was through Prosthetic Records and the 2nd was re-released by them last year.
    Bandcamp: The Grave Alchemist, by All Hell
    Facebook: All Hell
    Webstore: All Hell - Prosthetic Records

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fuck yeah dude! I'll check you out when I can. I LOVE finding new metal. I'll share you with some friends too.

11. I don't see a problem with her posting that link in here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Please read: Science was wrong before - RationalWiki

Also, this is also an enlightening video:

The issues your are conflating is are, "how do we deal with climate change?", which is very much a political issue, and "is climate change occurring?", which is not a political issue. The evidence is astonishing if you see the data. You don't have a choice whether or not to ignore the evidence. It exists either way. And the consensus is quite real.

Also, Al Gore is not a scientist. To say you don't believe in climate change because of anything to do with Al Gore is like saying you don't think Christmas holiday exists because Santa Clause is fake.

13. Rationalwiki is not a credible source. Highly biased.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. #1054 cdG, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    I could give two shits what the source is. I read the content and evaluate. You could too. It has undertones of libertarian logic maybe you'd understand?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I read the article before I replied. Some articles on RW aren't too bad, but some are insanely biased and partisan. We need less partisanized content; not more. I agree with you on not being worried about the particular source but rather the content itself. It's why I read a bunch of different sources from all sides of the political spectrum.

16. christmas is fake because its based on the lie of religion. But thats for another discussion, you just used a poor analogy.
    The reason some use al gore to discredit the almost religious "climate change" thing, is because dude made millions off this scam telling everyone the polar icecaps will melt and all other kinds of crazy bullshit. Made millions and owns a mansion that has an insane carbon footprint
    FACT CHECK: Al Gore's Home Energy Use

Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”

Gore’s home uses more than 20 times the national average

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee

Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric
    Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh – more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh-guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research
    President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. if the "king" of global warming is just collecting massive paychecks and obviously does not give a real shit about the environment, why the fuck should anyone believe him?

I think that climate change is happening, of course. To me, it seems as though it happens in waves, or cycles. I have not seen any one shred of real evidence of anything to the contrary. Most of what is posted about the other side is sponsored by big money and has obvious agenda's.
    also the weather channels founder says the whole thing is a fraud as well.

You may want to give credit where credit is due to Al Gore and his global warming campaign the next time you fill your car with gasoline, because there is a direct connection between Global Warming and four dollar a gallon gas. It is shocking, but true, to learn that the entire Global Warming frenzy is based on the environmentalist’s attack on fossil fuels, particularly gasoline. All this big time science, international meetings, thick research papers, dire threats for the future; all of it, comes down to their claim that the carbon dioxide in the exhaust from your car and in the smoke stacks from our power plants is destroying the climate of planet Earth. What an amazing fraud; what a scam.

The future of our civilization lies in the balance.

That’s the battle cry of the High Priest of Global Warming Al Gore and his fellow, agenda driven disciples as they predict a calamitous outcome from anthropogenic global warming. According to Mr. Gore the polar ice caps will collapse and melt and sea levels will rise 20 feet inundating the coastal cities making 100 million of us refugees. Vice President Gore tells us numerous Pacific islands will be totally submerged and uninhabitable. He tells us global warming will disrupt the circulation of the ocean waters, dramatically changing climates, throwing the world food supply into chaos. He tells us global warming will turn hurricanes into super storms, produce droughts, wipe out the polar bears and result in bleaching of coral reefs. He tells us tropical diseases will spread to mid latitudes and heat waves will kill tens of thousands. He preaches to us that we must change our lives and eliminate fossil fuels or face the dire consequences. The future of our civilization is in the balance.

With a preacher’s zeal, Mr. Gore sets out to strike terror into us and our children and make us feel we are all complicit in the potential demise of the planet.

Here is my rebuttal.

There is no significant man made global warming. There has not been any in the past, there is none now and there is no reason to fear any in the future. The climate of Earth is changing. It has always changed. But mankind’s activities have not overwhelmed or significantly modified the natural forces.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Just because religion is shit doesn't make Christmas fake. I'm not a practicing Christian (atheist) but I still celebrate Christmas with my family. I guess you could say I'm a cultural Christian in a way.

19. [​IMG]

that's the way you do it
    it always read the content and evaluate

if it feels good, i agree
    if it feels bad, it's wrong

20. now look at them yo-yo's