Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buying Weed, measurements?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Alittlebaked, May 2, 2010.

1. Still a bit confused as to what the measurements are and how much each is. The only measurements I know is an eighth, and I don't even know how much that is, and eighth of what?
    If somewhat could explain the common buying measurements and post pictures of that amount of weed I would love you :)

2. $10 for a dime
    $20 for a dub
    $100-300 for ounce (depending on what it is)

All I know tbh =/

3. thanks for trying at least.

4. there is 3.5 grams in a eighth

there is 7 grams in a quarter

14 grams in a half ounce

28 grams in a ounce

also you cant tell the amount of bud my just looking at it, some bud is more dense some is more fluffy if you dont wanna get ripped off buy a scale

5. It's all based off of ounces:
    eighth is 3.5g
    quarter is 7g
    half is 14g
    oz is 28g

A dime is a $10 bag, a dub is a $20 bag. The weight of these depends on the prices of weed in you area. Scales aren't that expensive so if you ever feel like you're getting ripped off buy one and see for sure.

6. Not measurements, weights.

Typical dealers in my area sell like this.

Mids
    $10-1.75g(half-eighth)
    $20-3.5g(an eighth)
    $40-7g(quarter)
    etc.

KB or Beasters
    $10-1g
    $20-2g
    $40-3.5g
    etc.

Dank(very high quality weed)
    $20-1g
    $40-2g
    $60-3.5g
    $120-7g
    etc.

Hope I helped:)

7. Thank you all :) pics would help as well

8. ^this

9. yeh, essentially you are buying a weight, your buying 3.5grams of bud if your getting an 8th, if its wet its wet,the dealer will still say its still 3.5g :cool:

but yeah, everyone else pretty much covered it, 1/8 is an 8th of an ounce.

10. a pound is a pound, $4800

hope this helps

and yes a pound of bloody dank, this aint preschool:smoking:

11. #12 Smokeitdown, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
    It's always broken down off an ounce, unless you're buying weight. Price is usually dependent on quality.

The norm for prices is usually somewhere around here:

Ounce is 28 grams ($250 - $450) so...

Half = 14g ($125 - $250)
    Quarter = 7g ($70 - $140)
    Eighth = 3.5g ($40 - $80)

Anything under that is going to be either a gram ($20) or a dime which is .5g ($10)

Thats basically it.... pretty simple stuff. Prices will vary from area to area. I know people who get ounces of decent stuff for 100 bucks, and I know people who have to pay 500 for the same quality. It's all about who you know / where you live.

12. Mmmm...see..you can only get a basic idea. It all depends on the persons "Area" and "Dealer".

For example..I usually deal with MIDS!

Nickel or Blunt(0.5g) - $5
    Dime(1g) - $10
    Dub(2g) - $20
    Quarter(7g) - $35
    Half(14g) - $65-70
    Ounce(28g) - $120 - 140

13. When ppl say 1/8th or 1/4th or 1/2 it refers to 1/8th, 1/4th, or 1/2 of an ounce. Once ounce is 28 grams, so you can do the math to figure out how many grams of weed 1/8th of an ounce will be. Damn, I wish there were SAT questions like this haha.

14. ching pow

20 a gram
    55-65 a 1/8th
    100-120 a half
    380-400 an O

swaggy